Are we ever going to see a fix for the "Centre" FFB issue?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Aggressive centre force.....

high oscillation around the center....

floaty/swaying ffb on centre.......

Words that describe what a lot of RRe players have reported about in the last year or so. S3 have also sent us many updates since then, but none hold the key to making this sim be among the greats.

When sector 3 are we gonna see this, ive spent money on this and my issue hasnt been fixed, so can you offer my money back then? I know ive banged on but seriously i am pissed about this problem now, its sooo frustrating. Youve added fanatec support but cant fix this. Also any answers just seem to be in the vain of "others don't have the problem so you shouldn't" or see the useless FFB thread.

This is not my emotions getting the better of me, this is the fact im

.....fed up of waiting for a fix in an update which never seems to come

..... frustrated i bought content in this game that doesnt want to fix issues that been throughout its life span

....... sick of coming on here and getting the same old crap answers from users that either a)dont recognise the problem b)ignore the issue c)just havent a clue.

Please s3 answer this thread please, are you going to fix this FFB issue, once and for all or let this game be forever known for its floaty awful ffb issue?

Regards Dan

(please mods dont lock this thread let s3 have a chance to answer)

Last edited:
The general feeling is like I was "driving" a boat. It seems like the car has almost no grip at all.

This.

That's the feeling I have since I own this game. It got better and better with various settings and fixes I've tried, but still this floaty feeling is there (especially at high speeds when steering on straights). I'm at a point where I actually enjoy this game because somehow fixed the steering settings, but I gotta admit that the steering sensation within sims like Iracing, AC or GSCE is much better and didn't need this much time to be dialed in.

just googled it, setups dont make sense mate... I mean 1/1 wing for all rwd cars. What about high downforce tracks?! I can tell you now that wont fix the issues in this thread. That seems its just made to acquire top speed in MP races.
We dont need that ....

EDIT: Really RD? You censored the one objective simracing news site?

Just google "perfect R3E baseline setup" and see if that changes the feel of the car. It did for me, to a certain extent.

What does it mean by setting everything 1/1 in that setup? It says set splitter at 2 and rear wing at 16 and keep wings at 1/1. What does that mean?

Setups can stop the swaying but there is a fundamental issue with tyre feel, a numbness to the centre feel and those self-aligning forces that want to spin the car out if you loosen your grip on the wheel.

It doesn't seem to be acknowledged and that's frustrating, particularly as the rest of the product is so good.

james first paragraph pretty much nails what im feeling, you have to really firmly grip the steering wheel. And any race driver or race/rally instructor will firstly tell you not to grip hard on the wheel?!

Racing rre doesnt feel right to me, just doent feel like racing a car on 4 rubber tyres.

Also the fact only one S3 staff has commented and the others have just ignored this issue says it all. S3 have a spokes person covering this issue the rest stay away.

i wish i could get a refund on the money i wasted on the overpriced car packs, as this is and has been for a while uninstalled and until they fix whatever is wrong with the FFB, it wont be booted up anytime soon. The thing that frustrates me RRe doesnt deserve it other than the obvious issue its actually quite good, not Rf2 standard or GSC feeling or driving. But its has content that keeps you interested.

Shame really guys real shame....

Also the fact only one S3 staff has commented and the others have just ignored this issue says it all. S3 have a spokes person covering this issue the rest stay away.

It is a shame. The Sector3 guys are good people and normally very communicative, but on this issue I feel disappointed by their response. Even the similar thread on their official forums didn't yield any kind of result.

All I'm looking for is some acknowledgement of these issues and some comment on the 'road map' for FFB development. Is FFB in an almost finished state or can we expect further changes and improvements? There was mention of a minimum force setting coming at some point but no time frame was given. Centre forces slider - can it be done?

I appreciate Sector3 is a small team and they may not have the resources to make the changes we would like, just some more input on this would be nice.

Would you guys cut it out?

As it stands, there was no reply on the S3 forum, but there was a reply from the devs here in this very thread (though I'd have liked to see a better reply where the problem is properly acknowledged).

Not that it matters anyway - Dan had every right to create this thread so stop your whinging. No one is forcing you to read it.

Stop taking the thread off topic, final warning.

Taking the thread back on topic, I have to say Dan I don't really think you can genuinely ask for a refund; you have the ability to test drive every car before purchase, you can see what the FFB is like first, so it's not like you bought it blind and it doesn't work.

But as for the rest - yes, they really should find a fix for a problem even people in their studio have said they've had. And just because it is very easy for people to focus purely on the 'negative' aspects of the thread, I want to say again I really like what they've done so far, they've come on a long way since 2013 when I first tried it. Now they just need to iron out those bugs in the FFB.

Played this game online for two hours yesterday, mainly the ADAC GT cars.. it was great with good FFB and everything else. No oscillation or anything....
Wheel en FBB setup exactly like Georg Ortner ( dev game) setup, you can find it on the S3 forum and even in this thread, and if feels great.... playing on Log G27. Don't know what all the fuzz is about....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%