Are these specs good for sim racing?

I have just gotten a part time job and im looking at buying a good gaming pc. i currently play the simbin titles on a laptop so yeah ahah. there is a computer on ebay without a monitor or wondows 7 for around the 700 AUD mark., Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 ghz CPU, Intel HD2000/3000 graphics HDMI Full HD, Direct X 10, Dual channel 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD and USB 3.0.

I dont know if this is good enough to run sim games well with decent graphics and good frame rates, any help would be appreciated, is it worth it is my mane question? thankyou​

As mentioned above the main system specs look good, but the graphics is very low end right now so might not be able to handle things well. If you have a look here you will see where that graphics card is compared to the rest of the ones available and out of date. From the chart, your graphics is about 21 places down from the top, which is not a great position to be in. I would suggest getting something near the top if you can and by looking at the other pages in the article you will be able to find a great card in the price range that you can afford to buy at.

Upvote 0
4 gig sounds like marketing.....what's the name of GPU?
If a GPU lacks grunt, it simply won't use that much ram, in fact, I doubt even the 6970 can produce playable framerates at 1.9gig vram usage.
the link i sent is the computer im looking at, if you scroll down it has links to the upgrades you can make, what should i do for graphics etc.? i wont go higher than 200 for a graphics card. Please take a minute out of your time to have a look, much appreciated

Upvote 0
The best idea would be to get the best video card you can afford. Just because a graphics card has 4Gb of memory on it doesn't make it the best deal. Have a look at the chart I linked to in my earlier post and compare those upgrades to what is in the chart. From there you can decide which one is going to be the best upgrade option for you. The higher on the chart the card is, the more performance it will give you.

Upvote 0
If on a budget a 6870 is a great card, handles gmotor sims with ease and I can even run pCARS with very high settings (just reflections turned down a bit).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back