Are there no pedal deadzone settings in AMS?

[EDIT] my apologies fir typo in title ;)

To start I barely have time for the sim titles I already own but since I've heard many positive things about AMS I decided to try it. Bought the title (on sale until April 10th) and season pass as I've been following the DLC reviews etc.

Anyway I have T3PA pedals with the brake mod added so the pedal travel is greatly reduced. And from that I usually adjust at least the upper brake dead zone so that depressing the brake hard gets you close to 100% or so. AC, rF2, R3E all implement the option in a different way but it's there.

The AMS UI in general isn't the best but I would manage. There doesn't seem to be clear deadzone options, there is an axis control screen with sliders for the individual axes but to me at least no clear way to set the brake pedal as I do in other titles, which are also based on ISI.

I understand you can use a DXTweak app which I had downloaded but then I thought why should I have to? Neil's H's company manufactures pedals so I some how expected more. Have I missed something or why does everything seem so over complicated?

Last edited:
I think if you unplug your controllers from the USB port, plug them back in after a few seconds, then use the Thrustmaster control panel to calibrate the peddles you should be good to go
yes fair point. The Thrustmaster controller, unlike the Logitech profiler doesn't allow for game specific profiles, its part of the Windows hardware properties as opposed to a standalone app. Point being I would I guess need to apply settings to run AMS and reset for any other title as I go with the defaults in most cases.

Seems like a shame that in-game settings options are so poor. Even the controller profiler selector is cropped so you can't see the full profile title. And there appear to be two "Thrustmaster T300" entries.

[EDIT] my apologies fir typo in title ;)

To start I barely have time for the sim titles I already own but since I've heard many positive things about AMS I decided to try it. Bought the title (on sale until April 10th) and season pass as I've been following the DLC reviews etc.

I dont know why installing is technically two separate 17GB versions, I get why but it's not explained as far as I could tell. I deleted the beta install.

Anyway I have T3PA pedals with the brake mod added so the pedal travel is greatly reduced. And from that I usually adjust at least the upper brake dead zone so that depressing the brake hard gets you close to 100% or so. AC, rF2, R3E all implement the option in a different way but it's there.

The AMS UI in general isn't the best but I would manage. There doesn't seem to be clear deadzone options, there is an axis control screen with sliders for the individual axes but to me at least no clear way to set the brake pedal as I do in other titles, which are also based on ISI.

I understand you can use a DXTweak app which I had downloaded but then I thought why should I have to? Neil's H's company manufactures pedals so I some how expected more. Have I missed something or why does everything seem so over complicated?

GAME SETTINGS (the gear icon)-->CONTROLS-->AXIS

Half the screen is deadzone settings. Not sure how much more obvious they could make it.

However, 99% of people with properly working hardware never need to set this, so I am glad they didn't clutter-up the main Controls screen with something rarely needed or used.

Last edited:
OPTIONS-->CONTROLS-->AXIS

Half the screen is deadzone settings. Not sure how much more obvious they could make it.
Fair enough. Any idea then how to set the sliders for Y-axis (brake pedal) to reduce the upper dead zone so as to configure the pedal with brake mod installed to reach 100%? The previous screen has a graphic displaying the level of pedal travel which I couldn't seem to get beyond 50%.

I couldn't seem to get beyond 50%.

It possible your hardware is broken.

You need to unplug your controllers to reset your windows calibration... and re-calibrate with the TM control panel. When in AMS or any other windows game you will have full range of the brake with the brake mod or not. You don't need any dead zone adjustment.

As an option load one of the thrustmaster controller profiles then customize that profile to meet your needs.

You will need to invest some time to get your controls setup to your liking, then that should be the end of it.

:cool:

It possible your hardware is broken
:cool:
no, don't think so. The brake mod reduces the distance the pedal can travel. Clutch & Accelerator show as depressed 100%, the brake around 50% as it travels only that far. You get the point... In most titles you can adjust the upper deadzone so the pedal can reach 100%, its just harder to get there with the mod installed.

Hmm, I use the T3PA Pro (previously the T3PA) pedals with brake mod, have never had 0 or 100% limit issues with any sim. Are you sure you have the mod bracket mounted in the right position and/or the screw adjustment correct?
I have the bracket fitted correctly as far as I'm aware and the screw is as far back as possible. When I press I the brake to the maximum in AMS the bar goes to 50% and no further. I guess I should look at the pedal calibration inside the thrustmaster configuration tool and then try it again... The point of the brake mod being to make it more difficult to depress the brake to 100% not restrict the movement. The replies here have me thinking that perhaps the base pedal setup in windows us incorrect so I'll have to take a look and then check the settings in all my sims. Thanks!

Last edited:
I went back to check the brake pedal (Y axis) settings in the Thrustmaster controller and indeed the brake goes to 100% with the conical brake mod installed. Am checking in-game pedal settings for all games installed. Jeez feel like a total moron, you learn something new everyday I guess.. thanks all ;)

I went back to check the brake pedal (Y axis) settings in the Thrustmaster controller and indeed the brake goes to 100% with the conical brake mod installed. Am checking in-game pedal settings for all games installed. Jeez feel like a total moron, you learn something new everyday I guess.. thanks all ;)

Found the extra dead zone setting in Program files/automobilista/Userdata/MYNAME/controller.ini .
there change ""CENTER value to 0.50000 from 1.00000 in brake axis - Y axis"". (0.0 for min, 0.5 for center, 1.0 for max). Save the file, reconnect pedals, restart the game.
Now, dead zone ranges in ingame settings should not be out of range due to brake mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back