1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there cheaters on the TT leaderboards or I need to get better?

Discussion in 'MotoGP 17 - The Game' started by vladimirjeger, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi guys, my main concern is Mugello. The first player on the list set the time of 1:42.4xx while the best I can do is high 1:44, and that is braking as late as possible, pushing the bike to the limit. No matter how I setup the bike I can't do better. I have a feeling I lose to much time in Casanova-Savelli and on final turn, but I just can't go faster trough there without going wide or crashing. Any tips or help with the setup?

On the other hand, the track I wasn't that good at in the previous games, Silverstone, some guy posted 2 seconds faster time than me, and I managed to get close to him, just 0.055 behind, but on some tracks like Mugello, Losail, Misano, I am 1 or 2 + seconds slower

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    And look at the Silverstone leaderboard now!!! I can't do this time, it's impossible
    Screenshot_1.png

3. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +31
    I doubt they cheat, he might have his bike tuned in the garage for that circuit. or he is simply good.

4. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    I don't know, I don't think he cheats

I tried to do some laps around Mugello and my best was 1.43.792
    Maybe he's just better, I accepted I'm not the best at online games a long time ago
    Here's my lap, maybe you can compare the sectors
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    I don't like Silverstone a lot but here's some reference

[​IMG]

6. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    Yeah, maybe it's because I play with automatic gearbox, I believe you can brake harder with manual gearbox shifting down, using the engine brake. I just don't have the time to get used to it... Also I am unable to do better than 1:49.5 on Catalunya while the first guy on the leaderboards has the time of 1:48.540 but I know him, he is my friend on Steam and he's not cheating. But i noticed they are now using the old F1 chicane and not the new one they made for MotoGP. The new MotoGP chocane is I believe faster than the old F1 chicane so around half a second is being wasted there ...

7. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +31
    1,49,5 cat ? in motogp 17? i think its a bit slow, you using any mod?

i went manual some time ago, its really worth a try

8. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    Hmm I use semi-auto gears. I've found out that being too aggressive doesn't pay off. Try with the ghost on. If I try to be smoother, brake a little bit earlier I am faster. You brake more when you're straight than when you're into the corner. Try to carry more corner speed and make sure you exit the corner in a good way. It's better to sacrifice corner entry and have a good exit instead of the opposite

9. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    I have always been riding like that, but this year I was improving while being more aggressive so I've started to brake as late as possible...BTW I always play with ghost on, it keeps me focused, I have a rabbit to chase :thumbsup::sneaky: I will try to be smooth again and see how it goes, thanks for the tip

10. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    No, no Mods...I really suck at the last sector...The new layout is killing me :unsure:

11. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    Oh, sorry...1:39...not 1:49...My bad

12. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    No, I can't..I just can't...By being smooth I can't even ride below 1:40... The best I can do here is 1:49.4 and with Semi-Pro physics..On Pro I can't get even close.... I just F***G hate this new Catalunya layout :mad:

13. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +31
    try the bikes from last year, im better with them atm..

• Like Like x 1
  14. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    Haven't thought about trying that really...I'll give it a go

15. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    Wait..there are no last year bikes in this game... And even if there were they would't count in the same Leaderboard

16. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,223
    Who with any maturity really cares? :rolleyes:

17. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +44
    ME cause I wan't to be top 10 on all tracks :whistling:

• Sad Sad x 1
  18. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +31
    i meant the bike petrucci uses for example, instead of the the one lorenzo uses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FrankS..

FrankS..

Ratings:
    +1
    Although set on semi-auto, you can still manually control your gearbox.
    Just hit the gear down button while breaking.

• Like Like x 1