MGP17 Are there cheaters on the TT leaderboards or I need to get better?

Hi guys, my main concern is Mugello. The first player on the list set the time of 1:42.4xx while the best I can do is high 1:44, and that is braking as late as possible, pushing the bike to the limit. No matter how I setup the bike I can't do better. I have a feeling I lose to much time in Casanova-Savelli and on final turn, but I just can't go faster trough there without going wide or crashing. Any tips or help with the setup?

On the other hand, the track I wasn't that good at in the previous games, Silverstone, some guy posted 2 seconds faster time than me, and I managed to get close to him, just 0.055 behind, but on some tracks like Mugello, Losail, Misano, I am 1 or 2 + seconds slower

Last edited:
And look at the Silverstone leaderboard now!!! I can't do this time, it's impossible
Screenshot_1.png

Hi guys, my main concern is Mugello. The first player on the list set the time of 1:42.4xx while the best I can do is high 1:44, and that is braking as late as possible, pushing the bike to the limit. No matter how I setup the bike I can't do better. I have a feeling I lose to much time in Casanova-Savelli and on final turn, but I just can't go faster trough there without going wide or crashing. Any tips or help with the setup?

On the other hand, the track I wasn't that good at in the previous games, Silverstone, some guy posted 2 seconds faster time than me, and I managed to get close to him, just 0.055 behind, but on some tracks like Mugello, Losail, Misano, I am 1 or 2 + seconds slower
I don't know, I don't think he cheats

I tried to do some laps around Mugello and my best was 1.43.792
Maybe he's just better, I accepted I'm not the best at online games a long time ago
Here's my lap, maybe you can compare the sectors
83gC5eg.jpg

Yeah, maybe it's because I play with automatic gearbox, I believe you can brake harder with manual gearbox shifting down, using the engine brake. I just don't have the time to get used to it... Also I am unable to do better than 1:49.5 on Catalunya while the first guy on the leaderboards has the time of 1:48.540 but I know him, he is my friend on Steam and he's not cheating. But i noticed they are now using the old F1 chicane and not the new one they made for MotoGP. The new MotoGP chocane is I believe faster than the old F1 chicane so around half a second is being wasted there ...

Yeah, maybe it's because I play with automatic gearbox, I believe you can brake harder with manual gearbox shifting down, using the engine brake. I just don't have the time to get used to it... Also I am unable to do better than 1:49.5 on Catalunya while the first guy on the leaderboards has the time of 1:48.540 but I know him, he is my friend on Steam and he's not cheating. But i noticed they are now using the old F1 chicane and not the new one they made for MotoGP. The new MotoGP chocane is I believe faster than the old F1 chicane so around half a second is being wasted there ...
Hmm I use semi-auto gears. I've found out that being too aggressive doesn't pay off. Try with the ghost on. If I try to be smoother, brake a little bit earlier I am faster. You brake more when you're straight than when you're into the corner. Try to carry more corner speed and make sure you exit the corner in a good way. It's better to sacrifice corner entry and have a good exit instead of the opposite

Hmm I use semi-auto gears. I've found out that being too aggressive doesn't pay off. Try with the ghost on. If I try to be smoother, brake a little bit earlier I am faster. You brake more when you're straight than when you're into the corner. Try to carry more corner speed and make sure you exit the corner in a good way. It's better to sacrifice corner entry and have a good exit instead of the opposite
I have always been riding like that, but this year I was improving while being more aggressive so I've started to brake as late as possible...BTW I always play with ghost on, it keeps me focused, I have a rabbit to chase :thumbsup::sneaky: I will try to be smooth again and see how it goes, thanks for the tip

Although set on semi-auto, you can still manually control your gearbox.
Just hit the gear down button while breaking.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%