1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Are there cheaters on the TT leaderboards or I need to get better?

Discussion in 'MotoGP 17' started by vladimirjeger, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    Hi guys, my main concern is Mugello. The first player on the list set the time of 1:42.4xx while the best I can do is high 1:44, and that is braking as late as possible, pushing the bike to the limit. No matter how I setup the bike I can't do better. I have a feeling I lose to much time in Casanova-Savelli and on final turn, but I just can't go faster trough there without going wide or crashing. Any tips or help with the setup?

On the other hand, the track I wasn't that good at in the previous games, Silverstone, some guy posted 2 seconds faster time than me, and I managed to get close to him, just 0.055 behind, but on some tracks like Mugello, Losail, Misano, I am 1 or 2 + seconds slower

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    And look at the Silverstone leaderboard now!!! I can't do this time, it's impossible
    Screenshot_1.png

3. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +29
    I doubt they cheat, he might have his bike tuned in the garage for that circuit. or he is simply good.

4. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +367
    I don't know, I don't think he cheats

I tried to do some laps around Mugello and my best was 1.43.792
    Maybe he's just better, I accepted I'm not the best at online games a long time ago
    Here's my lap, maybe you can compare the sectors
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +367
    I don't like Silverstone a lot but here's some reference

[​IMG]

6. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah, maybe it's because I play with automatic gearbox, I believe you can brake harder with manual gearbox shifting down, using the engine brake. I just don't have the time to get used to it... Also I am unable to do better than 1:49.5 on Catalunya while the first guy on the leaderboards has the time of 1:48.540 but I know him, he is my friend on Steam and he's not cheating. But i noticed they are now using the old F1 chicane and not the new one they made for MotoGP. The new MotoGP chocane is I believe faster than the old F1 chicane so around half a second is being wasted there ...

7. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +29
    1,49,5 cat ? in motogp 17? i think its a bit slow, you using any mod?

i went manual some time ago, its really worth a try

8. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +367
    Hmm I use semi-auto gears. I've found out that being too aggressive doesn't pay off. Try with the ghost on. If I try to be smoother, brake a little bit earlier I am faster. You brake more when you're straight than when you're into the corner. Try to carry more corner speed and make sure you exit the corner in a good way. It's better to sacrifice corner entry and have a good exit instead of the opposite

9. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    I have always been riding like that, but this year I was improving while being more aggressive so I've started to brake as late as possible...BTW I always play with ghost on, it keeps me focused, I have a rabbit to chase :thumbsup::sneaky: I will try to be smooth again and see how it goes, thanks for the tip

10. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    No, no Mods...I really suck at the last sector...The new layout is killing me :unsure:

11. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    Oh, sorry...1:39...not 1:49...My bad

12. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    No, I can't..I just can't...By being smooth I can't even ride below 1:40... The best I can do here is 1:49.4 and with Semi-Pro physics..On Pro I can't get even close.... I just F***G hate this new Catalunya layout :mad:

13. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +29
    try the bikes from last year, im better with them atm..

• Like Like x 1
  14. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    Haven't thought about trying that really...I'll give it a go

15. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    Wait..there are no last year bikes in this game... And even if there were they would't count in the same Leaderboard

16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Track Limits Marshall. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,783
    Who with any maturity really cares? :rolleyes:

17. vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

Ratings:
    +37
    ME cause I wan't to be top 10 on all tracks :whistling:

• Sad Sad x 1
  18. swaty

swaty

Ratings:
    +29
    i meant the bike petrucci uses for example, instead of the the one lorenzo uses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FrankS..

FrankS..

Ratings:
    +1
    Although set on semi-auto, you can still manually control your gearbox.
    Just hit the gear down button while breaking.

• Like Like x 1