1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any aids any of you still use to cover your Achilles heel in some sense?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Mohameddo-san, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Last year, I had issues with TCS, but, I successfully addressed that.

I still rely on a projection of a track's racing line.

My brother tells me I follow the racing line too religiously.

What about the rest of you?

2. Zero driver aids here. Even on new tracks and with new cars. Regardless of racing sim. Slow or fast, it's all about what I can do and learn, with no help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not sure i can call it a driver aid but since i have no H-box i don´t use heel´n´toe.
    Just blip the throttle and push the paddle.

Driving lines in games are most of the time wrong anyways and i much rather watch a quick guy around a lap to see how he tackles the problem.

Other then that no driving aids, feels to me it does more harm then good.
    Bit like still cycling with those small wheels on still.
    If you never remove them you´ll never learn.

I think also (just my personal opinion) that if you need a driving line then maybe you should study the line to understand it´s fundamentals.
    When you have the base down then you can start to work on finetuning it.

You need to know what corners you sacrifice and what corners you focus on.
    Le Combes is a great example.
    Take the right hander like normal, sacrifice the left hander to set up for the right hander because there´s a long straight afterwards.

Always running driving lines is like doing a test at school and have the results next to you.
    you will know every answer but you will have no idea why that answer is the way it is.

Listen to your brother :)

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Are we classing the track map as a aid and the hub overlay, what about xd motec
    that's all i use .... but i sometimes even turn them off ... gtl has no map so that's not an option..:)

5. I usually leave autoclutch on even if I'm using H-shifter + heal + toe, just so that I can switch to using the flappy paddles when I want. As much as I enjoy driving with the H-shifter, using flappy paddles + left foot braking and always having 2 hands on the wheel is simply faster (for me).

6. Zero, nadda, nothing, EVER.

I always use the clutch aswell, depending on the cars varying from H-Shifter to Sequential and always using right-foot braking and heel and toe. (Except for the extremely rare times I drive modern open wheelers and prototypes, then flappy paddles and left-foot braking it is... Still using the clutch though for the start)

Also, realistic steering ratio and rotation for every cars :)

• Like Like x 1