F1 2010 Are the bugs and glitches really problems

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I am curious as to how many people think the bugs and glitches on this game are as serious as people are going on about.

Personally i dont find them to much of a problem the only one that gets under my skin is the penalties.

Most times its my fault but 7 times out of 10 its not like cars rear ending me and i get a 10 sec penalty because of it thats kinda silly in my eyes.

Or cutting corners sometimes all i have to do is set 1 wheel on the grass and i get an infraction i mean cmon or if i take a corner to wide and ride up onto the grass penalty the judges are really strict.

But bugs like the pit stop are not so bad my strategy to avoid it is to pit in early or try build a slight lead from the rest of the pack which doesnt always work.

But surely in real F1 If several cars pit in the car out first has priority and another car can not pull out and impede the driver.

Other ones ive heard of are punctures but thats part of the fun sooner or later everyone gets a puncture unless they are driving with damage off.

Another is the fact that people have been saying cars dont pit in i have never seen this and ive been lookin since being told of it the only time it doesnt happen is when its wet but they are fully entitled not to pit in when its wet but its the rules in a dry race to use 2 sets of tyres.

Also generated laptimes in qualys is a big issuse IMO i dont find this bad because the laps arent outrageous they are 2 secs ahead maybe and with a good bit of solid driving that is easy to make up or some custom setups.

As for the fact that the AI are able to drive like they have no fuel in the race it is slightly annoying but not something that would ruin the game for me.

Basically i just want other peoples feed back on these issues to see how others are reacting and how they are coping with them?

Thanks

P.S I know that was a bit dragged out and if i didnt cover any other bugs feel free to point them out :cool:

It was on Malaysia. I started in 10th (in Sauber), went to my pit stop on the 4th lap (out of 11), came out 24th, Kobayashi went in 2 laps later, I got past him to get 23rd place, waited for at least half the drivers to pit, but nothing! Not one. I know the leaders didn't pit either as I was about 45 secs behind at the end of the race. I know I'm not great, but losing 45s in 11 laps is just not possibel - even for me - as I was mixing it mid-pack until my stop.

thats crazy ive had a few races where i pit in gain 2nd after pits and my rival alonso is im first and never pits its madness and alonso uses pimes to start and switches to options the same strategy i use but if i try go the whole race without pitting in the dry they threaten me with a DQ so i pit in its crazy really is

AI drivers not pitting is the curse of most F1 games I can remember. It usually happens when doing a race that's set at less than 100% distance. So my question is has anyone noticed this bug with race distance set to 100% ?.

I think the constant punctures piss me off the most. I do 50% race distances, and I'm hammering down lap after lap, afraid the entire time that a tire is going to blow. It has happened to me in 5 of 10 races so far. Absolutely ridiculous.

Pit lane bug happened to me for the first time in 10 races. I pitted from 1st at Silverstone, and came out 24th. I immediately restarted the race and pitted 2 laps earlier next time to avoid it.

As for the AI not pitting, I've never witnessed it or found a way to prove it because you can't watch anyone else during a replay! I find the limited replays extremely annoying. Can't save, can't watch the race from another car's perspective, can't see telemetry, can't do anything worthwhile.

I love the game and I have a blast playing it, but I get punctures way too often. I must get a terrible batch of Bridgestones every race...

Thats the worst you've had? In Monaco i go into my pitstop to find the whole pit crew facing the wrong way. Beat that for a bug.

Is this a bug because of the monaco pit.
In real F1 the pit is used the wrong way round, and if you look in a game you come out of the garage and turn left, instead of right.

Someone may be able to shed light on this, but at some point the pit is used the other way, im sure its for line up on the grid on Race day...

I raced 44 laps at Spa and was 30 seconds ahead of hamilton in second. Ten seconds before the finish line i was told i had dropped to third and the two virgin racing cars finished first and second in the results!!! In a single word CRAP!!!

OK. This is my first post and I have to say I like the balanced nature of the discussion here: the Codemasters forums have degenerated into a bipolar battle between trolls and fanbots and it's not conducive to good debate. I ahve to say that I'm really enjoying F1 2010; it's not as good as it could have been as there are too mant glitches in the game; and it's not as good as Codies said it would be as the 'Live the Life' aspect is not really much more than a watered down Mass Effect dialogue wheel.

However, the handling model is solid, the AI is genuinely interesting (if sometimes erratic) and you can really feel the difference when on different tyres, in different cars and with variant fuel loads. I have to admit that I prefer Dirt 2 as that felt more polished (I love whipping the car around in a Scandanavian flip and I have a penchant for arcade handling), but this game is by no means broken and I really enjoy the way the race weekend amps up over time.

For me this is an 8/10 and there is a really good basis for a wonderful game in the future.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys in the future!

well we try our hardest to have a conversation on the site and not an arguement and thanks for your input i was looking over the codies forum myself and was put off joining it as its like school kids bickering over a football or something but i do agree with your last statement it does have a good basis for a great game in the future and cheers for your input

Only played 2 career GPs (100%) so far on expert, no aids and Legend AI, so these views are to be taken with a pinch of....

1. Puncture bug - yep, have it and it is a bit too much. 3 punctures in 6 sessions....driving style might be something to do with it, but I have ahd my punctures when running easy at the start of the session...so not sure how hard running could cause a puncture...not for me anyway
2. Pit stop bug...not had it, but did get a penalty for speeding.....even though my pit limiter was on well before the line and I had no control down the pit lane....erm what???
3. AI performance...Rubber banding....I know CM have said there is no rubber banding and this may be true, but their emersion calc, where the AI adjust their lap times to stimulus around them is flawed in practice. Take my race at bahrain...I Q 12th, race in 12th lapping at the same pace as those in front and behind...good racing and great fun. But due to pit stop speeding penalty, I drop to 24th. I catch Senna quite quickly, but then come to a grinding halt. Senna is lapping at nearly 4s faster than he was. I get past him when he pits (I am on primes , opposite to AI), I climb to 22nd as AI stops. I am now behind the Hulk. I catch him at 2s a lap, but once I am within 1s, he just disappears, lapping faster than the leaders by 2s. I increase pace to try and match him, bearing in mind that I have been quicker tham him all race. Now I catch him up again, get to 1s and he goes again, again setting fastest lap of race. In the mean time, infront of him is Chandock, who does the same and just disappears. At the end of the race, me worn out for lapping at Qualifying pace for 40 laps, I am 22nd. Chandock has fastest lap. Very confusing. So I go onto Melbourne and find again the lap times of the cars around me totally erratic. There seems to be a 7s variance in pace depending where I am to them...I get up to teh Ai driver in front and he seems to press a turbo button and leave me for dead, putting in lap times that he hasn't all race, or all weekend....and that is ruining the immersion for me....
4. Qualifying a back marker car 12th!! Erm...how???? I know some of us will be alien drivers, but there should be a physics thing that means that a Lotus just cannot lap at teh same rate as a Ferrari, no matter what driver you are....unless it is a licence thing and all teams want to have a chance to "WIN".
5. Canned spins....no really. Come on...you know they are canned.
6. Controls....not so sure that when I have all assist off, they are actually off. The throttle and brake in particular do seem to be modulated.

But despite these "Bugs" or "Dssign decisions", I love the game for what it is...good fun and enteraining. Of course, I would love a hard core simmer setting, so I could feel the game in raw mode, but accept that hardcore does not sell to CM's market.

Maybe a terminology thing. What I mean is for example. Go into a gravel pit straight on, after locking a brake...the car turns sharp right / left as if you are turning hard. even if the wheel is straight. And on certain corenrs when you bounce a kerb,no matter what speed, you get snap over steer.....and the rate of oversteer seems to be constant...I call that canning a spin. :)

My main complaint ATM is the freezing issue that happens in both the SP and MultiPlayer modes! I don't think I saw anyone comment on this or it they did I didn't see it. I thought it might be the disc so I installed to the 360 HD but that didn't resolve the issue so I must assume it's in the code for the game. Anyone else seeing this? For the record playing on an Elite 120HD and have no issues with other games. Thoughts?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 92 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 131 13.7%