1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are RD members still playing Grid 2 on the PC?

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Gaz, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Gaz

Xbox: CrazyGaz76 Premium Member

Are RD members on the PC still playing Grid 2?
  2. Gaz

Will be putting some Grid 2 PC events up in the racing club in the next few days.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I gave up after two days.
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I liked the demo, it reminded me of my PGR4 days. Fun but nothing I'd like to race seriously.
  5. me n a mate were playing it last night.. it was fun BUT I dont think it will last. not a single race without somone forcing you off the track and the cars dont handle like real cars in any way at all. Ok it is fun but its not competitive fun.
  6. Drifting can be fun... but god almighty what were they thinking?
    The car is actively trying to kill you, i can't drive it on a G27... having to flashback every other corner is no fun.
  7. One of the greatest racing games ever made bar none.
  8. Gaz

I found I got bored with this quickly compared to other games
  9. Dux

The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

never turned on
  10. I gave in and purchased when it was €10 in the Steam Sale yesterday. Mostly because I currently can't get my DiRT 2/3 blast due to GFWL being completely incompatible with Win8.1 (grrrrrrr Microsoft). Grid 2 uses Steamworks not GFWL thankfully.

Given the comments in reviews about how awful it would be with a wheel, I was pleasantly surprised. You have to get used to how the cars drift, which is mostly about making sure steering is responsive enough (currently at 900 degrees but with linearity set to 4). The early races are definitely all about learning to drift because actually braking for corners is way too slow :)

Tested with both the T500RS and G25, it was playable with either. It's not for serious racing but if I'm too sleepy to lap Assetto Corsa properly, this is a fun alternative.