GT5 Are motorcycles going to be part of this game?

They went silent because of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear meltdown that have been affecting Japan for some time now. I think GT5 is probably the last of their concerns at the moment.

As for your question, I would hope that motorcycles are not going to be a part of the game. I'm a biker in RL but GT5 is about cars, not bikes. Best to keep a single focus, particularly as the game needs enough improvement as it is without introducing a whole new dimension. Save bikes for their own separate game.

There are rumours all over the place about GT5, most of which are complete nonsense. The only bike related rumour I've heard that could possibly be true is that PD may make a sequel to Tourist Trophy. The previous game used the GT4 engine, so it would make sense if they used the GT5 engine for the next one. Nothing confirmed though.

The bikes in TDU were pretty cool actually :)

Matter of opinion. That whole game was abysmal, and that included their arcadey motorcycles. Like it or loathe it, GT5 is more sim than arcade racer, which means the same effort that went into the cars would have to be put into the bikes. Since the game is about track racing and not a free-form drive where you like game (like TDU), I see no real gain in adding bikes to a series based on cars. As above, they should do it properly and make a TT sequel... or even better, a decent MotoGP or SBK sim.

Bikes run on the same tracks as race cars.I don't see your point...TDU was an arcade game and the bike physics were the worst yet a lot of people used them and still had fun.

TT is made by the same developers as GT5.Having motorcycles in the game would give it a new dimension.SBK is a great game ,but you can't race your friends around with a Porsche.If you don't want variety get married.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back