Are Amazon generic handbrakes a good option?

Generic brand handbrake off Amazon good buy?

I have been meaning to buy a handbrake for my rig for Dirt Rally 2.0 as I have been getting more into RX and rally.

The Sparco unit looks awesome but is quite expensive for what it is.

Are the other “no brand” options available at Amazon for around $100 good enough? Have you guys had any experience with them?

Thanks for any input or thoughts on the matter!

Ive got one - the feel is ok, and the analog travel is fine for all games such as Dirt Rally 2.

The unit's components are bomb proof - it's just a real life handbrake with the hall sensor added inside the housing for USB computer use.

The only problem with it is the components are loosely fitted by circlips etc - so it's a bit noisy and clunky in use. (I've often thought some nylon washers would improve the clacking no end, but I've never done it lol)

Otherwise they are perfectly fine. If I had the choice I'd have gone Thrustmaster or Fanatec but they were both quite expensive in comparison.

Just check that you will be able to mount it ok - My SimLab GT1 was fine, because it's like meccano, but other sorts of rig might be easy or hard depending on layout etc.

Upvote 0
I have the same opinion as @ColinMac - I bought one to use with Dirt Rally and whilst it does work, it's not a particularly enjoyable experience. It's quite noisy to use, there is a lot of play in all of the pivot points and this really put me off using it (and also put me off trying to get more into DR1).

I wouldn't buy one again if I had my time over.

Upvote 0
I find headphones help no end ! (I've a motion rig setup now, so the noise of the handbrake is lost in the overall THRUMMM of all the chaos)

If it's your budget it'll do. I did think I could silence my 'lateral play' with nylon washers etc, so that could easily be achieved if you are less bone idle than me.

My mate wants to buy mine, so you can take that as some positive feedback also.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 33 47.8%