Archived modding threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have just purchased a 320mm
wheel to fit to my tx base.
I am thinking of making a plate on the wheel to fit my Samsung s3 phone to it?
Using it as a hud!

Has anyone tried this before?
My only concern is that it may take up to much room on the wheel?
any feedback or experience welcomed.

well you could buy cheap small android phone for few bucks, that is perfectly cappable to run some dashboard app, won`t take that much space ..
I have my old nexus in outdoor case standing on a wheel base leaning on screen, so it is pretty much where I expect my dash to be (except when it is supposted to be on the wheel) .. works just fine

I am obviously a newbie, especially when it comes to mods, and what to do with them. I have GSC Extreme 13, AC(steam) and RaceRoom(steam)and I was hoping someone can explain the process, for both Steam, and non-Steam sims . I poked around in the "Program Files", but didn't see anything "obvious". Are there any issues I need to be concerned about "trusting" these downloads, from both, a security standpoint, and a "bug-causing" one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am unfamiliar with GSC, but the Steam sims you can find under Steam itself.
I have Assetto Corsa and the tracks/cars from AC you can find here:
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\....

if it in steam it will be the same paths : c:program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common\Gsc2013

my version is non steam so it will be on it own.
but a simple way to find it would be to
press windows key amd type in 'GSC2013' but don't press return/or enter after typing
or open my computer and type GSC2013 in the yop right text box

Attachments

• gscsearch.png
    gscsearch.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 240
Thanks for the help, Banger. that is my problem. my GSC is Not in my steam folder either. I did what you suggested, and found the folder "GSC2013", but not sure where to put it. I am trying to install the "Ferrrari vs Porsche" mod, after i unzip it, I have a folder titled, "Ferrari Vs Porsche". it has 3 folders in it: "GameData, rFm, and "templates". Do I move each of the 3 to its own location, or do I just drop the whole F vs P folder somewhere. Thank you for your help.

ok. , gsc 2013 is like rfactor so it has the same procedures.

open the extract folder and look at the contents.you should have a Vehicles and probably a sound and music folder inside not always.
Code:
shortcut for selected all  is CTRL+A / and to paste is CTRL+v

open the vehicle folder and slected all inside. paste that to gsc/gamedata/vehicles/
open the sounds folder and selected all inside that and paste that to gsc/gamedata/sounds
open the rfm folder and copy all. and then paste that inside gsc/rfm

to play:
just click the arrow key in GSC until your mod is selected.

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks again. The problem was, that there were 2 cars in the folder, and I had to drop each car separately, as opposed to the one folder that contained them. I appreciate your help.BTW, if you don't already have it, go to racedepartment.com and download the Ferarri Vs Porsche mod. Pretty amazing to have those cars in GSC.

Hey,

I try to do a own skin for Assetto Corsa, it's my first skinning with AC.

My problem is, that the part over the cackpit stays red, but I don't have something red on my skinfile.

You know where to edit the red part?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back