1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Archive] Season 7

Discussion in 'PS3 | F1 League' started by Lance Loomis, Oct 1, 2014.

Which tracks should be removed.

Poll closed Oct 27, 2014.
  1. Austrailia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Malaysia

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Bahrain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. China

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. Spain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Monaco

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Canadian

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Austrian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. British

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. German

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Hugarian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Belgian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Italian

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  14. Singapore

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  15. Japan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Russian

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  17. United States

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Brazil

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  19. Abu Dhabi

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Hello everyone!

It's that time of year again to start another season of F1 League Racing! I'm your organizer this year, and I'm wanting to pick at your brains a little.

Topics
    Assists - I've been thinking on allowing the racing line and possibly TCS, to bring more drivers to the league. I would like to keep ABS, Pit Assist, and Auto-Brake to banned because if you can't manage to race without these then you shouldn't be league racing.

Car and Team Selection - In the past, this has all been done by random selection. I know that some people don't want to race in certain cars, and others that only want to race in one. Last season, we went of points to select cars. We can do that again but I think we should do a mini-tournament to decide the picking order, after the event has been completed, you can choose either your teammate or car.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll try to get it all wrapped together. Also, I want to know ideas on a good start date.

Cheers.
    Lance

2. It's a bit frustrating for people like me who drive in the cockpit view in the Red Bull or Toro Rosso's. You can't see what gear you're in as it doesn't appear on the wheel but on the chassis just behind it. This is not a problem on the straights but as soon as you turn the wheel you cannot see what gear you're in - so I would be happy if you could spare me :)

3. Good start date -Week after game realase
    Assist-I never used them but if someone wants them,they can be all allowed
    Car pick-Random,lottery

4. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Noted.
    The cars this year will be Red Bull and Williams, but it also depends on if the cars are actually equal.

5. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

That's not a bad idea for a start date, but we gotta make sure all cars are equal before we can do a car lottery.

6. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Schedule update:
    I plan to have the regular season start on Nov. 9th and will run every weekend, with one break during the Christmas season. Now the decision is which Sunday you guys want to have off.

We can either do the Sunday before or the Sunday after. The 25th this year is on a Thursday or Friday. If we only take one break, we will finish on the 4th Sunday of March.

Let's hear you thoughts!

-Lance

7. Ah man.. 9th is so far away! Why not start one week earlier so you can give us those 2 sundays off and still finish the season before F1 2015?

8. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Because the race time conflicts with the start time of the US grand prix on Nov 2nd.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. My thought is are you sure 19 races is a good idea aha

10. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Why wouldn't it be? Unless you guys want to cut Canada or another track because of corner cutting.

11. I can see why it would be, what with taking you basically right to 2015, but from my experience the long seasons often cause people to lose interest in racing, it's happened to every league I've raced in, every season. I'd also try and look into a change of format to see if that can shake things up.

12. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

I'm open to all ideas... that's the whole point of this thread.

I want to league to return to it's former glory. At the same time you got to remember that not everyone has a PS4 and still might not have one by the release of 2015. We have to cater to those drivers first, since this league is for 2014 at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I know that even if I get 2014, I won't be getting a ps4, and of they feel the same way as I do, neither will anyone with a logitech wheel due to ps4 not supporting it

14. My opinion is that we should do 50% races with a normal qualifying (15min).
    No assists. (maybe racing line). If you allow traction control it would be unfair for the ones who aren't racing with it. Especially with the V6's their power, the TC will give you a advantage. I know for myself that I always want to be as quick as possible, so when TC gets allowed, I will, though I am a hardcore non-assist player, use TC to get them extra few tenths. I think there are many amongst me, and that will result that in this league everyone will run with TC. So keep it banned please. They dont have TC in real life so why would you even use that anyway?

I'm in for the full calender, but maybe its an idea to let everyone pick two races they dislike the most. If many drivers choose the same tracks, maybe we should skip these tracks.. In the end, you decide..

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Okay guys so here's the deal. So we can have two weeks off for the Christmas season, I've decided we will drop two races out of the calendar. This all comes down to you drivers, vote for the track you feel is your worst and where you would score the least amount of points. The 2 highest voted tracks with be removed.

So have at guys, and leave some comments below on why you chose those tracks.

Cheers,
    Lance

16. Monaco and Singapore, simply by far my worst tracks.

17. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

THE SEASON IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote for you track where you would love to conduct some pre-season testing!

Cheers,
    Lance

Media Questions
    1. Are you wanting to choose your car for the season or do a random draw?
    2. Pie or cake?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  18. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Media Questions
    1. Are you wanting to choose your car for the season or do a random draw?
    I'm thinking random draw, but I'm getting the game tomorrow and my answer might change. lol.
    2. Pie or cake?
    Oh cake all the way.

19. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Canada - Corner cuts, this track is known for easy ones without warnings or penalties.

China - Track is known for having bad lag issues.

20. For me:
    Russia- the tyre compounds will make the race really boring

Singapore- the race is too long and could lead to some concentration mistakes.

@Lance Loomis I was thinking and many may agree but I think the Brazilian and the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix should be swapped as Interlagos is a better place to finish a season and if the title went down to the wire what a great venue to hold it at

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.