PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
Im enjoying myself in these cars did a quick low fuel qualifying (enough for 19.1 laps) run and did a 26.1 good fun for driving though.

Hmmm. Maybe that's the key, as soft tires will go off much quicker than a tank will last. If the car is lighter, does that cure the hideous oversteer? Or does it just make you faster in a straight line?

I thought this was an interesting comment from a Pro GT3 driver after trying a SIM wheel and iRacing as reported on an RD lead story:

Leo Machitski, Blancpain GT series driver for Team Russia and Barwell Motorsports, drove for nearly an hour in this motion rig. During his time in the simulator he tuned the modified AccuForce DD wheel, car settings and motion to suit his driving style. Eventually he got to a place where he was quite happy to work up a sweat whilst powering around the Nurburgring’s GP circuit.
His first thought regarding the rig was that the amount of feedback through the wheel was exaggerated and not very realistic. According to Leo the wheel feedback in his BMW Z4 GT does not make him work as hard as the modified AccuForce wheel did. In addition to this the motion was also rather inaccurate, as his real life car does not yaw at all. It is extremely flat and has very little pitch, even under heavy acceleration and braking. One thing that did stand out for Leo was the automatically tensioning harness, this realistically replicated the G-Forces of heavy braking. I asked him if he would consider owning such a motion rig, he gave me a resounding ‘’Yes, I would!’’. According to Leo, the biggest similarity between virtual and real world racing is the level of concentration required to drive consistently and smoothly. For this reason alone it is a valuable training tool for any racing driver.

I'm still confused about this oversteer you and Nic mention.. I don't see it lol. In fact it's what I am trying to find :O_o:

I just think the car is very unbalanced yet extremely powerful in a certain RPM range. It's that range that catches you out...otherwise the car is great! Feels just like the new ones. lol. But this is a good lesson on why, for instance, even though any given team may prepare two cars, their basic construction (I'm not talking anything a setup can cure) suits some driving styles over others. For instance, I love FWD cars for this reason. Same deal as to why Kimi is, what, 3 or 4 places higher this year, etc. You have always had a soft foot, and that's good in these cars. A real pro driver at the highest level could probably adapt (although I think even the best can't overcome some things at all times), but not many. This beast is so unlike what many are used to driving, even if the car is high end.

Thast what I thought too but I don't see that there... or at least I didn't last night. My game now does show the 21.1gb size though.

OK, great. That's what I have too. And from all indications, I have the patch because the various testable upgrades are there. Thanks.

And I went out again. Boothy indeed speaketh the truth. I was able to pull a Q1 speed of 1:25.6 today by lowering the fuel the 1/2 way, stiffening slow reb,, softening fast, lowering downforce (I think the rear struggles to find mechanical grip not aero) and softening the front springs and stiffening sways, while making sure to shift early out of Westfield. That is by no means a repeatable lap but if I can get consistent 1:26's I'll be happy.

Pit Strategy? :coffee:

I'm still confused about this oversteer you and Nic mention.. I don't see it lol. In fact it's what I am trying to find :O_o:
This is quite strange that some are getting too much understeer while others are getting too much oversteer. I am really struggling to set this car up to be at a competitive pace without an unbearable twitch from the back end. Even being very delicate on the pedal, it will just spin into the wall with little warning. It's definitely great fun, but my efforts to make it a consistent lapper are just not working.
I'll have another go at it tonight.

OK, great. That's what I have too. And from all indications, I have the patch because the various testable upgrades are there. Thanks.

And I went out again. Boothy indeed speaketh the truth. I was able to pull a Q1 speed of 1:25.6 today by lowering the fuel the 1/2 way, stiffening slow reb,, softening fast, lowering downforce (I think the rear struggles to find mechanical grip not aero) and softening the front springs and stiffening sways, while making sure to shift early out of Westfield. That is by no means a repeatable lap but if I can get consistent 1:26's I'll be happy.

Pit Strategy? :coffee:

man I just slightly adjusted some of the things you mentioned and I nailed a 1:25.1. It has much more stability now so consistent 1:26's aren't seeming as impossible as before.
Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back