1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Archive 2

Discussion in 'PC | Saturday Night League' started by Giancarlo Pigati, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ABS

47.1%
  2. Traction Control

47.1%
  3. Racing Line

17.6%
  4. Gearbox

17.6%
  5. Allow all assists!

47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Edit: This is a really old thread and doesn't really mean anything anymore. If you're new and want to join our league, please head over here. We're up and running without any problems now :)*

Hey everyone,

I've spoken with one of RD's admins about the problem we're facing in regards to George not showing up for over a month now. We have a number of threads that are misleading to newcomers, as well as a lot of older ones that we should just clean up.

Tom (the admin) has agreed to helping us out so I asked him to give me a day or two to be able to announce it to everyone. This way you'll know what's going on and I can make sure that this is okay with everyone.

We will also be creating a new Steam group where only the current drivers will be in (I'll do this after the threads here in the forums are deleted and replaced with new ones). Here's a run down of the things we will have (all new, I don't see a point in keeping any of the threads):

- Sign up / Driver Roster. (all current drivers will keep their spots, obviously)
    - Race Calendar.
    - Driver/Constructor Championship Points Table.
    - Rules & Regulations.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with Arjen to see if we can make him one of our hosts. Nonetheless, with the new sign up thread I will make it known that we're looking for another one to have as a backup.

For the time being the race we already had will remain as is, so the next track we'll race in is Malaysia. However, if once we clear all the dust we come to realize that the majority of the drivers weren't part of the first race, we should consider restarting it.

Please use this thread to let me know if there's any concerns in doing this or if you don't want this sort of change to happen. I'd also appreciate it if you could let me know if you're in favor of doing this so I know we're all in agreement.

Thanks everyone!

Note: The threads have been bunched up into an archive. If you want to sign up to the league, please use this thread. You need to sign up again, even if you were part of the old league!

2. I totally agree with that :D

3. I'm with you:thumbsup:

4. yeah im there

5. Sounds good:thumbsup:

6. I agree too. The only reason I would like us to start with malaysia is because I am sick of racing australia. Even if we randomize the race schedule its ok by me. :) Just dont start with india.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's okay, we can start the championship at another race and just keep the same order from then on.

On other news, I've been trying to contact Arjen to see if his upload speeds are good enough to host the races but he hasn't replied. Since he was the one that had an issue with restarting the championship then it looks as if we will be doing so.

I'll probably give him time until later today and work with the admin to get all the threads deleted.

There will be no official race tomorrow! (This host problem needs to be addressed before we can have official races)

However, if you feel like racing at the same time then I'm sure some of us will be there :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. I agree with that. But we can keep the steam group since I am the admin of it. I will give you admin permissions and then we can sort out the drivers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unfortunately I couldn't reply because Giancarlo got offline 30 seconds after sending me a message, and when someone is offline on Steam, you cannot reply.

Anyway, I have bad news; I will have to resign from this league. I'm being extremely busy with school, work, and getting my drivers licence. All this things make me tired and at days like saturday evening, all I wanna do is just rest and watch TV a bit, at that moment I'm not in the modd to race. I'm sorry guys, first race was fun but this is all I can do.

10. That's odd. I distinctly remember being online for a couple of hours after I sent you that message in steam. I mean, it is kinda strange to be sending a message and then logging out, don't you think? The forums are also always available to reply but I guess that didn't cross your mind.

Ah well, ultimately it doesn't really matter as it seems we're set to clean this league up. To everyone else, please expect the new threads to be up between today and tomorrow and make sure you sign up to the new one :)

Furthermore, if you know someone who might want to join the league and is a reliable host be sure to invite them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. [PC] Saturday Night Championship
    (Now with 100% more Handicap!)
    (19:30 GMT)
    Welcome to the Saturday Night Championship! We will be racing the full F1 calendar once per week at 19:30 GMT on Saturdays, starting with the Hungary GP. We will also use a handicap system in which the best driver gets the worst car and viceversa in order to increase the level of competition in all races. We want to be able to say that we have close racing every week!
    Championship Details
    Race Settings
    Participation: Short weekend (15 min. Qualy)​
    Race Distance: 100%​
    Car Assignment: Player​
    Weather Setting: Dynamic​
    Simulation Settings
    Rules and Flags: Realistic​
    Car Damage: Full​
    Car Performance: 2012 Performance (See below)​
    Safety Car: On​
    Parc Fermé: On​
    Assist Restrictions
    Braking Assist: Banned​
    ABS: Banned​
    Traction Control: Banned​
    Dynamic Racing Line: Allowed​
    Gearbox: Allowed​
    Pit Assist: Banned​
    By signing up you're committing to follow these rules:​
    - We will be abiding by RD Regulations.​
    - Please make sure you can race every week at this time. We would like to have a full roster in all races but that requires that all the drivers in the league show up consistently.​
    - Please keep races clean, if there are questionable incidents please let us know via PM after the race. Some of us record the races so that can help clear things up. Keep in mind that lag sometimes plays a part so try to remain calm and in control during the race. Lastly, when following another car, try to break a little earlier or be prepared to do so... The driver ahead may have a different braking spot than yours!​
    - That being said, any unsportsmanlike conduct and repeated signs of disregard to the rules will result in exclusion from the league.​
    - Do not press “ready” in the lobby and “go to race” in garage after qualification! Host will do that. 2 minutes will be given after qualification to change settings and make strategies.​
    - If a driver can come up with video evidence that they were given an unfair penalty, they will receive 3 points.​
    Car Assignment Rules
    As explained before, we will be racing using a handicap system. The car assignment process will follow a few steps:​
    1) We will be conducting 3 pre-season races to balance out the drivers. We will make adjustments based on the results to make sure racing is as close as possible.​
    2) Once the championship starts, we will have checkpoints after every 4 races in order to take a look at the results and make tweaks, if necessary.​
    3) If new drivers come in and the championship has already started, the organizers will try to race with them during the week to have a good idea what car they should get.​
    Team Challenge
    We will not be having a Constructor's Championship. At least not in the traditional sense. The rationale for this decision is simple: Drivers may be changing cars throughout the season after each checkpoint. You may start in a McLaren but then 4 races down the line you may be switched to a Lotus. All for the sake of getting the closest races we possibly can. Having a Constructor's Championship would be odd because it would tie our hands when we want to change drivers around. Furthermore, if we're trying our best to have the most competitive driver's championship we can have... Why not do the same for each team?​
    Which is why we will replace the Constructor's Championship with a Team Challenge!
    There will be four teams in our league, comprised of 3 or 4 drivers each. Each team features drivers with different skills and cars, carefully chosen to be as evenly matched across the board as we possibly can. Just like in the Constructor's Championship, the points from the drivers' on each team will add up. Therefore... It doesn't matter if you're battling in the back of the grid or in the front... Your points WILL matter for your team!
    Reserve Drivers who participate in a race will give bonus points to those teams whose totals were the lowest for that event. The total of points by the reserve drivers will be divided as follows:​
    - 50% of the points will go to the team with the lowest total for that event.​
    - 30% of the points will go to the team with the second lowest total for that event.​
    - 20% of the points will go to the team with the third lowest total for that event.​
    It would be unfair to give a team a reserve driver because their attendance is not 100% certain. This way we give a boost to those teams who may have performed poorly on a given Saturday.​
    Driver & Team Roster
    [Name (Steam Name)] - Assigned Car
    [​IMG]
    Reserve Drivers:
    (Will move to the official line-up if one of the current 12 drivers quits or is kicked off the league)​
    - Jonas Halvardsson (Raven) - McLaren​
    - Wouter van der Giessen (Shaki123) - TBA​

Drivers that don't show up to the race 3 times in a row will be replaced.
    Calendar
    Pre-Season:
    1) Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland. German GP Hockenheimring, Hockenheim (2 Feb)
    2) Japanese Grand Prix. Japanese GP Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka (9 Feb)
    3) Grand Prix of Europe. European GP Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia (16 Feb)
    Season:
    1) Eni Magyar Nagydíj. Hungarian GP: Hungaroring, Budapest (23 Feb)
    2) Shell Belgian Grand Prix. Belgian GP Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa (2 Mar)
    3) Gran Premio Santander d'Italia. Italian GP Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza (16 Mar)
    4) SingTel Singapore Grand Prix. Singapore GP Marina Bay Street Circuit, Marina Bay (23 Mar)
    5) Japanese Grand Prix. Japanese GP Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka (30 Mar)
    6) Korean Grand Prix. Korean GP Korea International Circuit, Yeongam (6 Apr)
    7) Airtel Indian Grand Prix. Indian GP Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida (13 Apr)
    8) Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Abu Dhabi. GP Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi (27 Apr)
    9) United States Grand Prix. United States GP Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas (4 May)
    10) Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil. Brazilian GP Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo (11 May)
    11) Qantas Australian Grand Prix. Australian GP Albert Park, Melbourne (18 May)
    12) Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix. Malaysian GP Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur (25 May)
    13) UBS Chinese Grand Prix. Chinese GP Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai (8 June)
    14) Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix. Bahrain GP Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir (15 June)
    15) Gran Premio de España Santander. Spanish GP Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona (29 June)
    16) Grand Prix de Monaco. Monaco GP Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo (6 July)
    17) Grand Prix du Canada. Canadian GP Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal (13 July)
    18) Grand Prix of Europe. European GP Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia (27 July)
    19) Santander British Grand Prix. British GP Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone (03 Aug)
    20) Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland. German GP Hockenheimring, Hockenheim (10 Aug)

• Like Like x 2
  12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Please note 1#: the Total field equals to the sum of the light blue coloured points)
    (Please note 2#: the Car field depends on the roster used in the last race)
    (Please note 3#: the X field is checked if the driver got an unfair penalty in a specific race, if so, the driver with the X gets three points)

Race #1
    - Blackjack F1 Team gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 8/15 points)
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 5/15 points)
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 2/15 points)

Race #2
    - Blackjack F1 Team gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 20/40 points, Pietro 12,5/25 points, Samilton 7,5/15 points)
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 12/40 points, Pietro 8/25 points, Samilton 4/15 points)
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 8/40 points, Pietro 5/25 points, Samilton 3/15 points)

Race #3
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 8/16 points, Samilton 6/12 points, Meteoro 2/4 points)
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 5/16 points, Samilton 3,5/12 points, Meteoro 1,5/4 points)
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Total of 3/16 points, Samilton 2,5/12 points, Meteoro 9,5/4 points)

Race #4
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were no reserves in this race
    - Player ICO-69 gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #5
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 8/15 points)
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 5/15 points)
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 2/15 points)

Race #6
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were only 2 points from them
    - Player Dimos Kapourniotis gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #7
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were only 1 points from them
    - Player Johnny Wraith gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #8
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were no reserves
    - Player Yagami gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #9
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 9/18 points)
    - Blackjack F1 Team gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 5/18 points)
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Samilton 3/18 points)

Race #10
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Tysu + Sam 9/19 points)
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Tysu + Sam 6/19 points)
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Tysu + Sam 4/19 points)
    - Player DionCaesar gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #11
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were no reserves in this race
    - Player Yagami gets 3 points because of an unfair penalty

Race #12
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were only 2 points from them

Race #13

Race #14
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were no points from them

Race #15
    - No one team get any points from reserves, because there were no points from them
    - Players Dobbe and DionCaesar get 3 points because of unfair penalties

Race #16

Race #17
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 5/10 points)
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 3/10 points)
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 2/10 points)

Race #18

Race #19
    - Mansell's Moustache gets the 50% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 4/8 points)
    - Jim Clark Motorsports gets the 30% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 3/8 points)
    - Vantage Autosports gets the 20% of the points gained by the Reserve drivers (Halvardsson 1/8 points)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I've added you, Andrea... Yeah, you can change to FI :)

And yeah, I don't know... I've heard some gamepad users ask for Traction Control to be enabled so I figured I'd put it out there so we don't exclude anybody ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dimos Kapourniotis/Dimos Kapourniotis/Force India
    No problem with TC also eventhough i loose 2 sec/lap when it's rainning.But maybe it's just me:p

15. it;s true..it's a bit tricky in the wet..especially combined with auto gears.You get some very nice slaps and you're allover the place:confused:

16. :D it's all to do some practice and become more confident in braking points and throttle points, you can go faster with manual gearbox i guess, if you have problems in throttling when you go out of the turns, you can set an higher gear to have less power :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. I already know that Force India team is gonna be hard to beat!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Alright, all the old threads have been merged into a single one - bar this one since it might still see some new posts and discussion. Have fun and let me know if there's anything else. :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. I will try this out, probably get screwed without some of the stuff but can you sign me up for McLaren Mercedes :D

20. Trevor Carter / 159th Raiden / Sauber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.