1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

ARCA Setup Guide

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Bram, May 28, 2009.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Is there a guide available for ARCA? Most of the settings i know from other games but those specific things that are in the setup menu i have a hard time understanding them all..
    So before I outline the car to drive only right corners, i better know what i am doing :D

2. There is a link to a ASR Manual started by Bob Simmerman, which btw is work in progress to go in depth about the sim itself. This is under the Support Tab.

You'll also find a ASR Readme chm file in the root directory of the sim as well with more info.

A Arca Installer guide can be found here: www.thesimfactory.com/Arca_Installer_Guide.pdf

3. Bram

Bram

4. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

I use this as a guide to start building my own setup. It wasnt made for ARCA but some stuff does transfer.

Attached Files:

5. Yup, generally will work, but does not figure actual aero forces, where much of the change is needed nowadays ... The defaults in the sim are a great starting point as they are made straight from the shop in most cases, the Kentucky one is missing though, and will be put in the next round of updates soon.

6. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

I may have the Kentucky one. I think you passed it on to me the day the update was out in the official server.

EDIT: Seems im missing the set you gave me, I must of reinstalled a while back :(
    Any chance of adding it to the setup section?

As for this setup sheet, As you say its missing some some due to the extra physics ARCA has but for non stockcar drivers it gives you and idea what things like wedge does. I remember when I first started racing ARCA, I had no clue what stuff did. :)

7. Bram

Bram

And thats exactly the fase i am in now :) So thanks for posting that stuff guys!

8. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Fantastic stuff there. I am by far a decent setup maker but I feel so much better knowing im driving a car I setup myself.

Thanks for the linky, ive never seen it before.

9. your welcome
    that link has actually help me in setting up the touring cars lol :) (as in my mind I always go for the car is a car....4 wheels a chassis engine and a steering wheel....no matter how heavy or light it is :))

10. This is a very good starting thread indeed!:)

I just bought and installed arca here on my pc. It looks to be another great sim added to my collection. I'm very new to this oval racing scene and the only things i really know are the things from the past... Days of Thunder anyone :p

This thread is ideal to learn it all. I bet i need alot to learn about the oval racing rules etc...

Looking forward on this one:skywalker:

11. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Are you joining the fun at Kansas on monday Bert?

12. Could you put the original file on as a download Gareth, I'd like to print that out. (the set up picture)

13. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member