1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

ARCA a good practice game?

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Mark Fitzgerald, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Can anyone here tell me if this sim is a good practice game to own, I see iracing looks the best but for just learning oval racing and set ups and running with other cars is arca a good buy or should I not bother.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

It has all the features to properly setup your oval race car.

For the rest I have completely lost track with ARCA and TSF. There was news about this X Patch but we have never seen an update again. Really don't know what the status of ASR is at the moment.

3. Thanks for the reply, seems a shame that a sim that has had so much to offer has no one using it anymore. I guess if I want good oval racing I will have to look at iracing.

4. Hey Mark, my apologies for not getting to you or Bram in a timely manner. I'm working through a new job opportunity and it has taken a ton of my time. I am more than happy to help you in any way with the XPatch and setups. It was delayed due to some other activities which were unexpected but necessary for us and we continue to work towards final release of the Trucks. We have opened up the development to anyone willing to sign a disclosure thoguh, so in a sense, its released in beta. More info on how to obtain it is located here: www.thesimfactory.com/forums

As far as realism, our setups and physics are more accurate than anything noted to date in sim racing. This is validated in many places, also most of our activity is developed and worked from actual teams in Nascar such as RCR, JGR and more. Ty Dillon 2011 ARCA Champion and 2012 CWTS rookie and Austin Dillon 2011 CWTS Champion are both involved heavily with many more contributing to the project. Look forward to hearing from you

• Like Like x 2