1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARC_Team Carbon Pedals

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Anthony Levene, Jan 24, 2013.

1. View the Post on the Blog
  2. For 1,000 euro, you can play real life motorsport.
  3. Not all day everyday in your bedroom though :)
  4. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Formula Fiat Panda?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The 2nd hand version :p
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

The question is whether it would make you faster or slower. If the brake pedal is stiff, I'd guess the latter. I set my brake on Clubsport Pedals less stiffer as my foot used to go numb after 1h30m-2h30m of racing and couldn't be as fast as people with plastic pedals.

But I'd be interested how do you feel it when you modulate brake pressure. Clubsport pedals aren't as good as they could be in this area.
  7. I'm not sure it's a question of making you faster. For me, at that price point, it has to feel realistic above everything else.
  8. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Too much realism is good for offline driving. But when simracers drive at 110%, it doesn't make me interested. I really wish sims would look like watching onboard cameras. First better physics, then better hardware. :)
  9. Guess they wont be selling many at that price..
  10. In the same way that Ferrari doesn't sell as many cars as Ford...sometimes it's about quality not quantity ;)
    I just wish I could afford a set to try!!
  11. Heehee.. Sim racers aren't Ferrari drivers otherwise we'd be racing for real. ;)
  12. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Actually some are as there is a growing market for high-end products. Racing teams, individual drivers, wealthy sim enthusiasts from the middle-east etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hehehe...
  14. Exactly. :)
  15. I would like to see ANYONE drive in 1=one race in ANY class for as low as 1000 euro... (car, fuel, tires, safety gear, track fee, insurance aso) damn I know the cost to get the license is close that cost !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I reckon just doing a track day in my car costs close to £500. Which is why I've decided to cut back on the track days for a while and put the money I've saved into my sim rig :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yes but I doubt that the cost of your car is included in your calculation right ?
    When it comes to the "is it wotrh the price" it often a matter of what people think.
    For sure 1000 euros is really super-expensive, but it depends of your personnal "fortune" and how much you use your sim system.
    • Like Like x 1