• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

.AR files (data.ar)

Discussion in 'Racer' started by aadilf1, Sep 28, 2011.

1. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    Ok im trying convert a 458 into racer and i noticed there were no .dof files in the F430 folder and then later i realised there was a folder called data.ar what is that? and where are the .dof files?

2. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +614
    data.ar is a way for a content creator to lock his models so people don't mess with them. As far as I know there isn't a way to get them back out (I've heard of a de-ar program, but never seen it). Basically all those dof's are in the data.ar.

3. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    oh man, i guess il have to scrap that car now :(( actually, is it possible if i change the (body).dof name in the ini? so i can put my own body.dof into the folder and the car.ini will recognize it

EDIT: I know how to do it now :D:D:D:D::DD

4. Splashonda

Splashonda

Ratings:
    +51
    Just delete the .ar, easy!

5. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    wow Splash never thought of that one, :D i just renamed the DOF's in the ini, well il delete the ar next time i convert