F1 2011 Applied for racing license

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Maybe it's me but i've applied for a change in my account for a racing license, i've even sent an email to the forum 'contact us' section and i've heard nothing.

Am i missing something or do i need to do something else but i would like to start racing?

Mark

Application numbers have soared since the release of f1 2011. They are dealt with in order of application. Sending emails and starting threads will not make it happen any quicker.

Race Department is run by volunteers, and as such some staff are not available all of the time, including application processing. It is not a short process for the staff, they have to do it in their free time, meaning they also can't be racing with others.

I'm afraid you will have to wait your turn, you are not the only person waiting. A couple of day is not long to wait for joining a racing club which can provid you with years worth of fun clean racing.

Maybe that sort of statement could be part of the process? A reply from anyone and I wouldn't have posted a thread! I was not trying to make it go quicker I just wanted to know that I'd done everything and it was being processed..

Application numbers have soared since the release of f1 2011. They are dealt with in order of application. Sending emails and starting threads will not make it happen any quicker.

Race Department is run by volunteers, and as such some staff are not available all of the time, including application processing. It is not a short process for the staff, they have to do it in their free time, meaning they also can't be racing with others.

I'm afraid you will have to wait your turn, you are not the only person waiting. A couple of day is not long to wait for joining a racing club which can provid you with years worth of fun clean racing.

How is he to know you guys are swamped, you guys need an email autoresponder telling ppl it will take time, giving no info isn't very professional and giving a rude reply is even worse.

The above reply was not intended to be rude, and in actual fact, the things I have said above appear inb the Applications forum as an announcement at the top of the page entitled "read this before submitting your application". Link here.

Some reminders for applicants.

1. Do not post duplicate applications. It doubles the approval time, so they get done last. Constantly chasing us will NOT help your cause in getting your app processed quickly - quite the opposite, in fact.

2. We are getting a lot of applications from people who are already Licensed Members (name in light blue and Licensed Member user title). You do not need to re-apply if you are licensed.

3. If you have previously had a Licensed or even unlicensed RD account, please mention that, as we can re-activate old accounts and reset default passwords to allow access. That will be quicker than having a whole new account created.

4. We will generally try and do one application processing run per day, and attempt to clear any backlogs there may be. We will process applications in the order that they come in, not in the order that they appear in the forum.

5. All of the processing is manual - nothing is automated. We all have jobs and other commitments - Adminning the site is not what we do all day.

6. RD rules -that you are all required to state you have read and accepted on your application- state that people must use their real names on applications before they get licensed.

7. We try and verify each application as much as we realistically can. Sometimes we ask for further proof because we struggle to find any confirmation elsewhere.

8. If we subsequantly find that someone has managed to become licensed using incorrect details, that person will be dropped back to unlicensed immediately, and may face a ban from RD.

As mentioned in the above - it is not an automated process as each application is individual.

The above reply was not intended to be rude, and in actual fact, the things I have said above appear inb the Applications forum as an announcement at the top of the page entitled "read this before submitting your application". Link here.

As mentioned in the above - it is not an automated process as each application is individual.

Sorry didn't know the info was out there, my bad. The response just looked rude, you could have just pointed him to that thread.

Have a good one, Ill keep my nose out :)

Well no that actually wasn't part of my application at all, I even went back and looked for it. I tried to reply to a racing club thread, it told me I need to apply for a racing license so I did and that was it. I think badabing was right and just setup an auto email with some details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%