App : Blue Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

The goal of this application is provide a mechanism to notify the driver of the proximity of another driver that is close to lap him. This is a very simple application and is my first attempt to develop a Python application on AC.

As any other AC python app, you just extract the contents to your assetto corsa folder, typically, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa

The application can be fine tuned modifying the config file located at apps\python\ferito-blueflag\config\ferito-blueflag.ini . The default configuration is good enough to provide an acceptable notification.

[settings]
splineThreshold = 0.05
speedTriggerThreshold = 40.0
distanceThreshold = 40000.0
updateThreshold = 1.0

- updateThreshold is how frequent the application check for cars close to lap. Lower values means more frequent updates, but may consume more CPU. I have not seen a significant use of CPU required so far.
- speedTriggerThreshold is the minimum speed, in KPH, a car has to have to be considered as a trigger of a blue flag. This helps to avoid get notification of parked cars or cars driving through the pits. I am not sure if 40kph is the pit speed for all cars and all tracks.
- splineThreshold is the required distance between the lapper and the lapped cars that will trigger the blue flag. Actually this is a first part check for car proximity. Internally in AC, the NormalizedSplinePosition is a normalized value (0 - 1.0) that represents were the car is located related to the start finish of a lap (0 just after the finish line and 1.0 just before it). This measure is used but is not the definitive one as different tracks has different distance and the range of value can represent diferent distances, which is not desirable.
- distanceThreshold is the minimum distance, which I think is in mm, between cars that will trigger a blue flag. The distance between cars is more consistent than the NormalizedSplinePosition, but seems the second is faster to get from the AC API and has a better representation of where the car is in terms to finish a lap.

You can download the app from the downloads section:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferito-blueflag.3402/

Issues, troubles, comments, please lets keep them on this topic. I am not responsible of any damage this app can do to your hardware or software. If you use it, is by your own risk. Keep in mind this is a beta, a work in progress.

Fernando

Last edited:
Don't forget to post any issues you may find with the app.
I am working on a proof of concept of a leaderboard that works on multiplayer. I found a way to calculate the deltas between cars, and while is not perfect, I think is good enough to show in realtime how far is everyone.

ferito-leaderboard.png

Good job, will test tomorrow, I think the previous comment that it would be good for league races is pertinent though, not so useful for public servers as it is a voluntary dl. Hopefully the devs will see your work and integrate it into the main install, or at least a version of. niagA sknahT

Here's a better screenshot of the app in game, done by a league mate.

I must admit I saw your app first and found it not interesting due to the fact it was badly presented by your screenshot.

So I wish now to apologize and give a good image of your work:

Now I may say ... many thanks for that starting app which I will follow with interest. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back