1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Apex Racing League now on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Apex Racing League Kickstarter 2.png
    Eagle Nest Interactive have launched their Kickstarter campaign for new top down racing game Apex Racing League, looking to raise a $65,000 CAD goal in the next 31 days, as the wish to push on development of the game prior to a public release.

As is the usual form with a crowdfunding campaign, backers can earn a number of rewards based on their level of contribution, ranging from the minimum $15.00 CAD, giving you a copy of the game on Steam, beta access, a unique in game livery and thanks in the game credits. At the opposite end of the spectrum, players contributing $500.00 CAD earn themselves the rights to design a track in game, a digital copy of the title, the legend skin pack, rare fleet, stealth skin pack, alpha access, design document, beta access, backer skin pack and special thanks in the game credits.

So, what is Apex Racing League exactly?
    Apex Racing League Kickstarter 1.png
    RaceDepartment member @sidewinder26 and his brother formed Eagle Nest Interactive and have been developing Apex Racing League for many months now, having reached the point where further funding is required in order to bring the title to its maximum potential. Designed to be played with a keyboard or a gamepad, the game promises to have engaging car dynamics based on real physics and launch with eight different classes of racing playable on a variety of different track surfaces. The game will include a single player mode and online multiplayer, and unlike many racing games on the market today, day-night transitions

You can read more about the title, and the brothers behind development, in our introductory article found here.

Apex Racing League Announcement Trailer:

Apex Racing League Kickstarter campaign is now live. Check out the Kickstarter campaign page here.

Will you be backing Apex Racing League on Kickstarter? Do you think the game will be a success? Does this type of game appeal to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. to be honest, looks like kind of game no one will be playing few days after release :p hopefully im wrong

3. Man, I wish I had the money to be a track designer. I hope Herman Tilke doesn't see this.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

"Designed to be played with a keyboard or a gamepad, the game promises to have engaging car dynamics based on real physics"

:O_o:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium Member

Seems fun, went and backed $29. Hopefully they reach their goal :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium Member

Guess you havent played Generally.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think it looks like fantastic fun and would buy on day of release. I hope it does really well. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium Member

Makes me wish more people had backed the GeneRally 2 campaign.

As for longevity, as long as there's a track and car editor it'll be fine... I made a lot of both for GeneRally.

9. There is a Sauber C9==>instant buy.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. They know what's important.

11. Will it have Porsche?:rolleyes:.

Looks like it could be fun. I'd buy it after release so long as it isn't a pay to win setup.

12. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium Member

Unfortunately the project has been cancelled on Kickstarter, due to lack of funding, however they are still continuing with development.

• Like Like x 1
  13. not what i've heard, they stopped kickstarter because they already have the money , a private invester it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slyfrequency

Slyfrequency
    Premium Member

Hmm, that's interesting, it made sense they cancelled the kick starter from lack of funds but was confused as to why they were still continuing development. They mentioned nothing in the message they posted on the project before cancellation. Glad they got funding though.