AP load cell

I put my name on the pre-order list back in Nov:signup: it finally came today. It was worth the wait, straight away I could tell a difference in my braking. A lot smoother, and more controlable. I didn't set any PBs but it feels a lot better through the corners, and that's going to help as I get use to it. I brought the bodnar cable a few months back, with the load cell it worked out to be a reasonable set of mods, that I feel has already paid for itself. Did anyone else get on the list?

Load cell received and installed. It took approximately 1 hour (most of which ws the removal of the 14 screws that hold the case together. The onlt time that I needed to refer to the installation guide on the website was to confirm which wire connected to which terminal on the load cell.

The added bonus was that when I took the pedal pads off of the G27 there are 3 lateral positions for each of the pedals. On the reinstall, I placed the brake and gas as close together as they could be for easier heel and toe. I also moved the clutch further out to give more space.

The moment of truth. Connection to the wheel and testing in iRacing and race. Loaded the Logitech profiler and tested. It registers the brake as fully on when there is no pressure and fuLly off when you've pressed as hard as you need to. Went into iRacing and recalibrated the pedals once done, it registered correctly. I also recalibrated the linearity which gave assitance of about .3 rather than 1.3. Tested with the MX-5 at Lime rock. I can now brake really hard for turn 1 without fear of locking up. Got my lap time down consistently into the low 1:00. I may now get rid of my road rookie status in season 2. Next on to race.

Recaibrated and everything appeared to be fine. Joined a mini public server at Zandvoort club. The big test of course is braking into 1 fron top speed and into the left right flick. I found that I could move the bias forward and still not lock up and trail brake better into the flick. Reudced my PB to the mid 1:15's. With an optimal in the very low 15's that's well over a second faster than my previous PB. What I found was that I could carry more speed into the turns with a more consistent roll out (less understeer).

Overall impression is that this is a VFM upgrade at only £58 delivered. Easy to install, with the right tools and it gives more consistent and controllable braking. With a few config tweaks in Race it could be even more comfortable giving even more improvements in laptimes

Finally gave up. Clubsports arrived yesterday.

A couple questions. How much were the pedals ( price including shipping)?? How long did it take from order to receipt?? Ordered directly from Fanatec?

After you get your rig relocated and life back in order, it'd be cool if you wrote up a short review of your experience with the new pedals and how they compare to the stock G25/7 pedals.

A couple questions. How much were the pedals ( price including shipping)?? How long did it take from order to receipt?? Ordered directly from Fanatec?

After you get your rig relocated and life back in order, it'd be cool if you wrote up a short review of your experience with the new pedals and how they compare to the stock G25/7 pedals.

$217.95 with shipping.

Shipped from California. Ordered off of Fanatec site on Thursday, Shipped Friday, Arrived (NC) Thursday following. You should shave a couple of days off of that.

Will-Do on the review. I'll post it in the hardware forum and link from here.

Niiice Eric! You'll really enjoy them. I'm with Kevin best set of pedals I've ever had as well.
Here ya go Bob... Clubsport Pedal review by the SR Hardware gang (post #3) :)

Ok, I'm convinced. Just ordered them. Now to explain them to my wife. I can hear her now "$250 for new pedals. They look just like the other pedals". How am I going to explain the F1 wheel I want to get LOL

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%