Anyone using triple 2560 x 1440?

Anyone using triple 2560 x 1440? If so, what sort of framerates are you getting and which video card(s) are you using?

Anyone using triple 2560 x 1440? If so, what sort of framerates are you getting and which video card(s) are you using?

Hi Emery,

I am very new into PC gaming, but more experience with video edits.
Anyway, Rfactor 2 is my only sim game for now. My chassis is still 40 days away.
So I can assist you as much as what I learnt the last 2 weeks only.

I have Dell 2716DG 144hz, tripple, so that is 2560 x 1440 surround or 7680 x 1440.
This Dell is G-Sync ready and I am using GTX 980 in 2 way SLI

I can get in Medium setting approx 60 ish FPS, Rfactor 2 only yah. AI cars max 10.
If I set all at highest, I can get only 32 FPS and sometime drop to 25 FPS.
If single 4K screen, 90FPS and more is easy at medium setting.
This is cockpit view, if other view it will be 40% faster...this I read is a nature of Rfactor 2.
Above data is by driving only 10% of the track, me only with keyboard now.

GPU load at highest only 69% -71% for both cards while playing.
However after I leave the race, and still within tripple screen view with that small playback window, GPU can hit 90ish %. Perhaps the game plus playback GPU value ...LOL.

I am on 8 core 5960X and CPU load only at best best best 14%.
Rfactor 2 is only mainly using 2 of my cores.

My GTX980 memory is 4GB and at max best setting it registered like 3.3GB of memory use.
Do remember that in an SLI setting, only 1 GPU memory is the value, not combined.
Both the GPUs memory keep the same data you see, I only learnt this last nite.
I was afraid my memory on the GPU was the bottleneck you see.
Me IT dummy., so I am learning.

Changing SLI game perimeter as in SLI Compatibility Bits adjustment, no gain for me.
I read from here : This is old 2014 info, so the Rfactor 2 updates might change some perimeter.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...st-w-practically-no-image-quality-loss.97304/

Hope this helps...

BTW, Since I do not have wheels yet to test, but only a keyboard, these few days I been benching FPS by hitting the wall of the pit front and back.
Everytime I hit the wall and maintained throttle, the FPS will drop a bit after like 5 seconds...so that is how I test now...LOL.

Rfactor 2 in game FPS counter is the same as Afterburner one.

If I were you, get GTX1080Ti x 1 first and try.
I will get it and probably 2xSLI when they are available in my country.
Also do remember that SLI scaling success is not the same for all games., hence I am keen to try GTX1080Ti .

Regards...

Upvote 0
Also important to notice that only about half of the sims/games actually take advantage of SLI/Crossfire, with a shrinking tendency.
Basically it's not an investment in the future, but in the past/present since DirectX 12 no longer supports it, being replaced by MultiGPU, which puts it away from the graphics driver to the developer of the sim. So it'll be completely at the mercy of the dev whether MultiGPU will be implemented in that game or not.

Upvote 0
I have Dell 2716DG 144hz, tripple, so that is 2560 x 1440 surround or 7680 x 1440.
This Dell is G-Sync ready and I am using GTX 980 in 2 way SLI

I can get in Medium setting approx 60 ish FPS, Rfactor 2 only yah. AI cars max 10.
If I set all at highest, I can get only 32 FPS and sometime drop to 25 FPS.

Ouch! My single STX 1080 gets adequate fps (80-120 fps depending on cars/tracks) with triple 1920x1080 on high/max settings in rF2. Reviews suggest the overall performance is similar to GTX 980 in 2-way SLI, so it looks like we'd need GTX 1080 in 2-way SLI to get 60-80 fps for triple 2560x1440?

You can always let the AI drive your car if you want to see more of the track while you're benchtesting.

Upvote 0
2560 x 1440 x 3 monitors is a lot, 11 million pixels.
1920 x 1080 x 3 = 6.22 mil pixel
3840 x 2160 x 1 = 8.2 mil pixel
This is why if I use my 4K monitor , 1 unit, its easy for faster FPS

I would go for GTX1080Ti x 2 :) that is my plan.

You can always let the AI drive your car if you want to see more of the track while you're benchtesting.
Dang, I did not know RF2 can do that ..LOL. I will look it up, many thanks.

Upvote 0
To bump the thread, i'm running asus strix 2x1070 overclocked 10% with asus rog 3x27" and gsync.
I started with an i7-4760 but had problem with micro stutter due to heavy load on cpu and triple setup.
(was not an issue before the triples)

Have now also upgraded to an new mb with i7-7700k and 3200mhz memory, water cooled and 9% OC
(had overheating issues with fan cooled)

Now runs around 100fps with assetto corsa full grid, peaks up to 120fps

Before SLI and new CPU I had around 100fps with an single 27" (still gsync and 2560x1440)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back