Anyone using Ricmotech brakemod with T500

Rami

#20 FinnTeam
Hi everybody. I know this should propably be under Hardware section, but wanted someones opinion who drives AC so here goes.

I just recently bought ricmotechs's load cell mod, and now I'm a bit confused about the force it needs to get 100% braking. I actually have to push it so hard that it bent the aluminium plate which it's attached. It says 31kg's should give max braking, and I have to give it almost literally all I've got. Tested it out of pedals too, just pushing it against ground, and there also it needs nearly my bodyweight (roughly 90kg) to get max reading on TM control panel.
At ricmotech they're saying it sounds as it should. Now I'm in doubt is it or not. Any opinions from you who have one too would be appreciated... :)

I have their LC too but on a G27. Yes, IT IS STIFF!LOL. Well, caveat there, mainly at the start. As you use it, you'll somewhat get used to it. For the first few days, I kept pumping it even while not sim racing. It will slightly soften, plus I find my legs/foot get more accustomed to it after some months of using it. Similar to the GTEYE spring w/c was fine at the start, but later found to be quite soft already, the reason for my getting this. Just keep using it, and while at it, you can also change the range in AC, as mine is currently at 96%.

Last edited:
I have their LC too but on a G27. Yes, IT IS STIFF!LOL. Well, caveat there, mainly at the start. As you use it, you'll somewhat get used to it. For the first few days, I kept pumping it even while not sim racing. It will slightly soften, plus I find my legs gets trained a bit to the tension. Similar to the GTEYE spring w/c I later found to be soft already, the reason for my getting this. Just keep using it, and while at it, you can also change the range in AC, as mine is currently at 96%.
OK. I'm just thinking can the 31kg's mentioned cause me to use all I ve got to get it to max. :O_o: I've raced motorcyckles and cars IRL and don't think I'm totally out of shape :roflmao:
Anyway, how's the low end for you. In my case it needs some serious force to get the slider even moving. It's making trailbraking really hard...

OK. I'm just thinking can the 31kg's mentioned cause me to use all I ve got to get it to max. :O_o: I've raced motorcyckles and cars IRL and don't think I'm totally out of shape :roflmao:
Anyway, how's the low end for you. In my case it needs some serious force to get the slider even moving. It's making trailbraking really hard...
LOL. Yeah, like I said, they're dang stiff! But now, they're fine (several months later). Nonetheless, my range is still less than 100% in AC. :) Keep pumping it when you can, it will help a bit shorten the time it settles ;)

Isn't it possible to calibrate it so the top range is only the max force you're willing to apply?
If the TM soft has no such feature, with some luck you can use good ol' joy.cpl to calibrate and press only what you wish for when calibrating that axis.

Isn't it possible to calibrate it so the top range is only the max force you're willing to apply?
If the TM soft has no such feature, with some luck you can use good ol' joy.cpl to calibrate and press only what you wish for when calibrating that axis.
Yes I can do that, but I think there comes some kind of resolution problem because then it feels brake force moves in notches up... Think I'll just have to live with this for the RDGT event tonight.

I might be wrong, but there shouldn't be. IIRC DXinput will only allow for 256 positions in that final set range (or the auto-calibrated one), and your load cell should have a much higher resolution in the same range, so it shouldn't suffer "bad" interpolation (as to augment resolution in a way that causes "notches"). It could be just that it's physically hard to be progressive with your foot in that smaller range of motion, so that jittery input at lower load is more noticeable when looking at a graphic than with a longer range of motion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back