1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone think about a 34 Legends type mod?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Jeff Huber, Sep 15, 2014.

1. I know Rfactor had/has one and I'm wondering if if anyone here has attempted a similar mod for GSCE? I wonder if the guys who created the RF mod would give permission to get the mod converted to GSCE standards? Anyone else think it may be a fun mod to play around on in GSCE?

I found a new love with these little cars and actually went and watched them race last night at a local track. Actually they were called " Dwarf " cars....but besides the body they are almost identical in specs to the Legends cars. I'm hoping to be able to purchase one here in the next year and try my hand at some oval and road course racing in the mini's......looks like a blast!
  2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I think, I get it from NoGrip.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Holy crap!! That's exactly what I was looking for! I couldn't find it on No Grip though. If anyone knows where I may be able to find this mod for GSCE can you post a link here or send me a PM if it's something that may not be ok to post here?
    Thank you Matej!

Billy.....I'm not to good when it comes to things like that and have no experience what so ever in converting something like that. But man oh man.....I may have to give it a try.
  4. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

NP mate. I am at work now, but I could look, if I have somewhere link to that mod, when I will be home :thumbsup:.
  5. The conversion tool is probably easy for you to handle. You have to do no more than point the tool to the folder you want to convert (usually Game Data), then tell it where it should output that conversion to, then press "Convert". And it's all done!

Afterwards, you may need to check the classes are properly specified (in the .veh files) so that when you race the ai, you race against the same class as the car you are in.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Thanks Troy and sorry Billy, I totaly forgot ... :(
  7. Looks like a pretty high quality mod. Definitely going to check this one out
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nox

Staff Premium Member

It is a fun mod, I like it, Troy pointed it out to me some months back. Only thing is the skins are sort of messed up all grouped together; I might get around to fixing that up one day so we can run these in the club.
  9. Awesome Troy.....Thank you!!

And Andrew....if you do decide to do some " Fixin' up " on this mod.....please let us know! This is all kind of new to me ( as far as these cars go ) but I've talked to and have met up with a few of the faster guys here in the NW that are racing the Dwarf cars around here. I may of very well found my next motorsport to get into once I get off the 2 wheel motocross stuff.
  10. OK....so I downloaded this mod that Troy put up and OH MY GOD! This is one sweet little mod! I just spent 2 hours driving this thing on numerous tracks and I have to say this is probably my favorite mod I have downloaded to date! I'm a huge fan of the Blancpain mod and the V8 Supercars mod......but this Legends mod is awesome! The AI drive really , really well in it and this little car is tricky to drive!

Andrew......I see what you mean about the paint jobs. They are kind of bland and so forth and I'm sure someone like you , ML2166 or someone like that could do a kickass job on the paint schemes ( Not that it's needed ). But yeah man , I'd do some races with this thing for sure.

Thanks again you guys for helping me out and showing me this Mod! You guys should put this thing up in the DL section as I'm sure it would be popular as heck! I love it!
  11. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I don't mind how they look, just how they are grouped in one big list
  12. Racing these things on road courses is extremely difficult because i think these things dont have sway bars so it rolls all over the place, there is a short oval track called Delaware that was stupid fun with these cars. These cars work best on really short and flat ovals because they turn into little sprint cars drifting the whole time.

13. Actually Delaware was one of the tracks I tested it on yesterday. Over on iracing this week they have the Legends car running on Limerock which is pretty challenging. I have only managed to get into the low 1:02's on that track.

And hey!.....this next saturday night I'm going to go help out an old MX racing buddy that got into running the Dwarf cars about 2yrs ago. The dude rips and in only 2yrs of racing , he's won A-mains and got a lot of top 3's . I'll be out there later in the day a good 3hrs before practice starts , and I finally will get the break down on what these little cars are all about. I'd really like to get into the Legends and road course stuff......but the racks are few and far between and it costs quite a bit more. Right now it's not possible for me. But the Dwarfs on dirt ovals is something I may be stepping into this next spring!
  14. [​IMG]
    And damn it....I just got my moto cartoon done!!
  15. Hy Troy, I've converted this for personal use a long time ago, it took me a reasonable effort to adjust the FFB and classes, etc. Would you mind pointing me how to add a reverse gear on these cars? I would really appreciate to "enhance" the mod.
    Although in real life these cars aren't equipped with reverse, it is a shame not to be able to return to (a good) race because you're facing the ARMCO after spinning - and this is only a game.
  16. I did it along time ago and i dont really remeber but i guess my download link did include my reverse add on and in the LegendGears.ini mine looks like this
    ratio=(1000, 5000) // 0: 2.857
    ratio=(1000, 5000) // 1: 2.857
    ratio=(1000, 3500) // 2: 2.0
    ratio=(1000, 2749) // 3: 1.571
    ratio=(1000, 2261) // 4: 1.292
    ratio=(1000, 1951) // 5: 1.115

The first ratio is reverse and all i did was copy 1st gear's ratios since in most cars reverse is equal to 1st.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Cheers :thumbsup:
  18. Looks like a great mod but everytime i try loading it freezes and i get an error. Anyone else having problems?