PC1 Anyone signed up to Project CARS?

As the topic title says it all really.

I have (as a Team Member - £22) so get new builds every Monday.

Been browsing the forums tonight and there is a helluva lot of work going on by all the behind the scenes folks and some of the imagery they are posting on their WIP stuff is amazing.

New build on Monday is bringing a WIP kart and fictional track and the Ariel Atom too. Also have Bathurst in the works, with Gumpert Apollo Sport and Caterham Seven Extralight T500.

Some content has fictional names (until the licensing has been sorted) so we have Connecticut Hills (Watkins Glen), Bologna (Imola), Aussie Hill (Bathurst), Nuke (Ariel Atom) to name but a few.

I was a little wary about signing up initially but am so glad I did now.

;-)

I signed up as a "team member" level last week, around £21. I think this is a good time to get involved as the development is really coming together, especially in the physics and ffb areas. It's great to have their forums to see what they are working on and to have an input and give feedback on the latest build.

Andy, do you play anoy other sims?

Momo is a very old wheel now to be honest, might not be affected by same things as a G25

Yes mate. I play GTR2, EVO, Shift 1 and 2, F1 2011, GP4, GP Legends, Nascar Racing 2003.

As for the MOMO. It is still available and it is still the best value for money wheel. Not everyone has throw away money to spend on high end peripherals. It works and it works well. And it's better looking too.;)

Joined as a Team Member this weekend, I'm impressed with the whole project and the approach being taken.... OK so we are effectively paying for the development... much the same as ISI's rFactor2 I guess...but in a different fashion.... I like it... I like it a lot!

Hmmm, well, as disappointed as I was with rf2's state, the latest pcars build is downright tragic to me.
The FFB is terrible, weak, and floaty, and many of the cars still seem to have that S2U boat anchor feel to it, especially if making any sharpish turns.
The brakes also seem a simple point and click affair.

Ok, so this is without question not a sim, and tbh, I'd rather play Shift1 before this.
I'm not really sure what to say, the driving model has issues left right and ctr, and it's not like they need me to point it out.

Consider that if S2U{driving model} didn't sway and didn't have the ass end come round after you, it would've been pretty decent, but this is miles from from being a sim, and has so many issues with FFB, and general feel, that I can't even get remotely excited by the prospect of it as a simcade.

Signed up the other day and finally had a taster tonight. Impressed. Worked straight out of the box with no messing around.
Unlike another beta I've played recently.

Physics need refining and the Ffb too. Turn in feels good then the Ffb vanishes through the corner. Pleasantly surprised and Deffo be playing more. Showing lots of promise.

I just think the jigs up with this game, ie, it's not a sim, and it's not ever going to get close as they've had more than enough time to produce say a slow car and a fast car that have a sim driving model.

Agreed. Infact I'd say the whole thing is designed to get money upfront from a community that hopes to get a sim. The devs are taking no notice of members. Even getting rid of them if they criticise anything in the game. It looks and feels like shift 1 to me.

Agreed. Infact I'd say the whole thing is designed to get money upfront from a community that hopes to get a sim..

I'm still at a loss as to why virtually all typical road racing games aren't sims with driving aids, it worked fine in GTR Evo, the aids make a big diff to controlability.
It's quite hilarious to drive something like Dirt3 with all aids off, it's still 1000% arcade, no sim model in sight.

David, before you talk about unfinished cars, I'd just like to remind you that the game is pre-alpha.

I think I should also point out that Slightly Mad Studios are majorly composed of the original SimBin development team - e.g. GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, etc., etc....

And the Shift arcade games? I think so. I have heard they don't like criticism and don't like people telling them the ffb is bad. I'll reserve my judgement until release and it.s on sale on steam or play for a tenner.

So what about the Shift series? The NFS games, commissioned by EA, have nothing to do with CARS whatsoever. I don't see the correlation between the games at all.

You've only heard SMS don't like criticism. As you clearly aren't a WMD member you wont realise that statement is wrong. What SMS don't appreciate is people posting "your FFB sucks" or "the physics suck" as it provides them with ZERO feedback. If one explains what the issue(s) are, they recieve a far more positive response.

People can become members for as little as 10 Euros and try the pre-alpha code for themselves.

Cheers.

I can tell you now they dont like criticism, I have been lambasted for commenting on it!

But then you go on a track, set a few times and find out you are 10 seconds slower than the quickest guys, you ahve to ask questions. I did, moaned about the FFB and had a bit of a go, and hey presto, called all the names under the sun.

Hilarious, I mean seriously, has anyone here actually tried this>? Flatout has better game physics,it really does!

As I said there, it looks beautiful, works well, but that stuff doesnt matter a jot of the game engine is awful and it is. RF2, Simracewat NKpro all have lovely game engines, but not the investment to put out and have as many upgrades.

Christ knows what ISI could do with the WMD level of investment and development.

But I will bat on and take the mick a bit more, its fun!

I read the WMD forum daily. I also test the alpha's. The FFB is dire, as is the handling. I agree that anyone seen to be criticising the game are hounded, belittled and eventually booted out. Some of the creeps and fanboys go out of their way to back up some of the dispicable behaviour of the bosses too. Oh my gawd it's aweful. The devs there and some of the managers are whats putting me off. Infact I really am starting to despise the whole thing because of the arogant attitude of the management at WMD. There is one rich american guy who constantly brags how much money he is going to make out of the game and the investment. Makes me wanna puke. He is obviously in it for the money only. Well if it go's console, he will make his cash I suppose but that will spell the end of a serious sim in my opinion.

I am a junior member, would never be anything more as I dont really agree with BETA testing, they have more than enough staff to do it themselves, in comparison to ISI who really need the help!

there is a bit of a love in, but quite why is beyond me. I tried to recalibrate the wheel earlier, and got so many different settings and feelings it seemed confused as to whatw as going on!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back