• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone running this game triple screen with a single 780

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Greg Latty, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    Im curious to see if my 3gb gtx 780 sc could handle 2 more 1080p monitors. I found the same 28in monitor I have now locally for 50 bucks and another on ebay for 30 bucks with 2 days left and Im tempted to buy them. Anyone?

2. Emilio

Emilio

Ratings:
    +451
    Hold it for the OCULUS! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    Funny you say that because that was my plan. It works out cheaper than 3 monitors. But when I saw this monitor for 50 bucks I thought why not

4. Emilio

Emilio

Ratings:
    +451
    Yeah I know what you mean... and honestly $100 for other two monitors sounds a pretty fair deal. The added value from price/immersion would be absolutely worth it... but you know, with the Rift incoming pretty much those monitors will be sitting in your house dusting alone (unless you have a better use or you find someone willing to buy them).
    So I'd upgrade maybe my other hardware with those extra bux (better pedals/shifter? A Buttkicker? :D)
    Or, I'd use it to purchase something I like from R3E Store...
    Or maybe just save 'em for later: Oculus will cost $100 less!

5. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    lol man its like youre in my head. I actually just bought 5000 vrps from the store lol. and I just got a racing seat to start building my rig in the basement. Maybe you have a point. My buddy wants to sell me his th8rs shifter for pretty cheap so maybe ill get that. He just made me a button box so dont need the bottons on the g27 shifter as much anymore. your advice makes sense. I might still get the monitor though because i can use it as a spare.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium

Ratings:
    +1,010
    A gtx 780 should run it quit easily....I ran triples 24" with a gtx 670 2 gb and it was fine on max setting now I run a r9 290 4gb and have been considering going back to nvidia as Iam finding amd to be struggling a bit in newer racing titles....great in other genres

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    hmm that sounds promising. thanks for the reply

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,154
    Hi,

I run triple 27's on a GTX770 with no problems at all. Works great on all titles (not tried pCars yet tho :cry:) so i reckon you should be ok (using my complete lack of computer knowledge, I just assume that since your card has a bigger number than mine it must be better?)

Its cheap, go for it !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Martin Edmunds

Martin Edmunds

Ratings:
    +107
    I got a 770Gtx and currently running 680Ti Sli , They both work great with 3x 24inch. The Gtx 770 is better than 680 ti Sli with R3E.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nikh

nikh

Ratings:
    +31
    Excuse my ignorance, but how does that work? Two Dvi connectors and an HDMi? I have a GTX760, would that work? Surely I`d have to have the graphics quality really low.

11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +10,154
    I use 2 dvi's and a HDMI, with pretty much (give or take) top settings on most titles (maxed on GSC / v high on RRE - just low on shadows i think, cant quite remember) and max on RF2). Even ETS2 looks mint..

Sorry cant advise about the 680, if you search on google for a GPU league table and see where it rates, if its near the 770 you should, i would imagine, be alright?

EDIT - actually ones a DVI, ones HDMI and the other has some kind of DVI adapter. Its 1am now and im shattered. After work tomorrow i'll venture into the man cave and have a look and report back.
    Cheers,

Paul

12. nikh

nikh

Ratings:
    +31
    Might be best not to...I`m already hooked enough on this bloody sim thing to be considering new wheels, new pedals, a button box, shifters and God knows what. If I get a sniff that triple screen sim-driving is viable there might be a divorce on the cards :cool:

13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +10,154
    Until occulus comes mate, going triple is the best thing in the world you could possibly do. Trust me, if she loves you she'll understand!!!! ;)

14. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +300
    Just tell her you will just be home more.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Martin Edmunds

Martin Edmunds

Ratings:
    +107
    Running again on my Gtx 770 ( took out the 680ti sli ),
    2 DVI
    1 Hdmi
    its running pretty close to max details at 5760x1080 ( + bezel correction )
    And yes its the only way i can play racing games now. Very hard to go back to single screen,.

16. switchface

switchface

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm running triple Qumi Q2 projectors on 46" screens off of an EVGA 780ti ACX. Runs great for me.

17. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +300
    Oooooh, you gotta post a picture of your set up. I've thought about projectors for some time now. Must be super immersive.

18. Emilio

Emilio

Ratings:
    +451
    If the avatar of yours reflects your actual seat and cabinet with steering wheels... I don't wanna see your setup cause otherwise 99% I'm gonna throw myself down the trash chute screaming: I REFUSE (myself) TO LIVE WITHOUT A RIG LIKE THAT!!!

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. switchface

switchface

Ratings:
    +9
    I didn't want to derail the OP's thread, but thanks for the comments guys. I've only just stumbled upon Race Department, but Inside Sim Racing just did a feature on my setup. I hope the mods are okay with a link, but you can see my full rig, build progression, and thoughts here:

http://www.isrtv.com/sim-racing-chassis/sim-racing-chassis-showcase-switchface/