Anyone know the magic folder?

I just purchased this wonderful game today. Fantastic physics and FFB. Money very well spent. Just great! :D

I have a question:

I format my PC every few months. With rFactor, all I have to do is save my "trymedia" folder and I don't have to reactivate when I reinstall (unless it's a hardware upgrade).

Is there a similar option with this game? Anyone know the magic folder?

Thanks

I can't help you with that.

However I would like to say that everybody saying it is a good idea to format or re-instal windows every few months is most often wrong! There is absolutely no need to do this. You don't gain any magic speed or reliability with it. It is perfectly possible to make any XP / Vista / 7 installation last years without problems.

Sure, uninstall programs you no longer use, remove temporary files, remove unwanted programs starting up as windows starts... But other than that. It is barely true that windows gets slower with age. It 'feels' like it sometimes but once you've reinstalled and then put all your favorite programs back on there, it'll be about as slow as it was..

It easily costs most of a day to fully reinstall. I'd say, don't do it and spend the day simracing :)

Niels_at_home;972239 However I would like to say that everybody saying it is a good idea to format or re-instal windows every few months is most often wrong! There is absolutely no need to do this. You don't gain any magic speed or reliability with it. It is perfectly possible to make any XP / Vista / 7 installation last years without problems. Sure said:
spend the day simracing[/U] :)

Niels is right, life is too short to spend on reinstalling Windows, drivers etc. A litlle maintenance will keep your Windows clean :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 137 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%