Anyone interested in some casual iRacing RD club racing?

I like iRacing, a LOT, and I like RD, even more! So I'd love to combine the two, but knowing how much time and effort that goes into running things in this community club racing I thought it'd be wise to gauge the interest for some casual RD club racing in iRacing?

while i have basically everything on iracing, a lot of people don't, so i'd suggest starting simple with say, the solstice in the production cup.

its the slowest car, but you can have good races in it and that series uses only free content (though sometimes that means wackyness like the jefferson course).

then you can work out an official race time to use for the club race.

I live in Australia, have about 75% of the content and iam very interested in this. The DW12 on the ovals is such a concentration hog the immersion is unreal when your 2 wide at 225 at Texas or Pocono/Michigan and you cant slide up or lift..great stuff :).

No worries im up for anything...Been playing RUF cup for a while but stopped to try out project cars but the onlin community is rubbish... Unfortunately my safety rating was kind of low and ddnt have the time to work my way up to gt3 in iRacing so that would be a great opportunity to start practicing. (Hope if i get a team mate they would want the RUF GT3)...

If you guys are up for some racing in a team then sure. I know that the endurance series suits the European timezone more than my timezone so I have made you all admin if you want to take the team car for a spin

Hey everyone. I would like to return to iRacing and represent this site by running a RD livery in some of the official races. I would do everything possible to not embarrass myself or this great website. Is anyone presently running a series and representing/promoting RD by running a RD livery? If so then post up here. I want to do this but would like someone from the staff to approve first.

Secondly, is anyone running regularly in the Advanced MX-5 cup? I am going to return to iRacing this week and re-acclimate myself with the physics by jumping back in the MX-5. Eventually, I would like to return to the GT-3 series in either the Z4 or the RUF but that might take a while.

Third, I have a suggestion. Why don't we look at the advanced MX-5 cup and make an effort to all get in as many races together as we can? The car itself is base content and many of the tracks are as well. It's a great car to get accustomed to: not too fast but not too slow (sorry Pontiac Solstice). It is a well populated series which means there are a lot of splits per race session. Yeah, we might not all see each other in the same race but I bet a bunch of us will. We could even run practices together where some of the faster guys from RD can tutor the slower guys and share their set ups. Once we get going in the MX5's then we may attract some more members here and branch out into other cars/series.

I believe this would spice up iRacing for everyone here. iRacing's MP is top notch but being part of an organization that is representing a site we all adore would really liven it up. I also think many of us would benefit from the shared knowledge and camaraderie!

If we can get this rolling then we should start up a specific "iRacing Race Department Team Thread" thread in this forum. What do you say guys?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back