Anyone here ride Scooters?

I'm actually thinking of getting one next summer. I don't want a Motorcycle for that will be a bit much for me. But i really would like to have one of these. Aprillia 50R Ditech.
scaled.php

Anyone here own one of these and if so how do you like it? I really like the Yamaha Aero-X as well but not available in Canada.

Please note: i don't want silly answers like "Scooters are for girls" or "Get a real bike" because i already stated i don't want a Motorcycle. Any silly answers will be ignored and deleted.

I don't have one, nor I'm an expert on bikes, but Aprilia has a good name here. I think scooters are fine vehicles, the only thing that prevents me from considering buying one later is that I would have to use it on a road where the speed limit is 110km/h, and for these the speed limit is 40 here. That's suicide. But for city use they're certainly good machines, very low fuel consumption and they look comfortable too.

The Aprilia SR50R is an absolute bomb ! (in the scooter departement of course)

With the right tuning (no upgrades, just tuning) it can reach 95/100kph, and with only 50cc :D

It also handles way better than anything else on the market :)

I ride scooters. Its the quickest way around busy traffic and economical as well. I ride a Honda Activa (110 CC). I get around 40 Kilometers per Liter. Driving a car during busy hours can be a little pain in the back side here in India.

I ride scooters. Its the quickest way around busy traffic and economical as well. I ride a Honda Activa (110 CC). I get around 40 Kilometers per Liter. Driving a car during busy hours can be a little pain in the back side here in India.

Well there is a shop in town that sells Honda Dios fitted with a CBR 125 motor instead of its 50cc motor and they still manage to allow the insurance rates of a 50cc. I may look into that as well. (can't mention name of shop for certain insurance reasons).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back