1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Anyone having problems with lap times in Kuala Lumpur

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by ipmj69, Oct 13, 2010.

1. I can't seem to get better than 2.01sec with any setup, the race before in melbourne I came 6th.

Any help would be helpful.

Br.
    Ian

2. what difficulty and what car are you playing with?
    also is it dry raining?
    what setup are you using?

3. Hi,

The track is dry as a bone.

custom setting all auto execpt braking the Torro Rosso season 1. career car one upgrade gives me the cruise setting.

Aero:

FW 5
    RW 2

Braking:
    49% - 51%
    High
    Standard

Bal
    80% - 20%
    FARB 1
    RARB 8

Sus
    FRH 2
    RRH 2
    FSS 4
    RSS 7

Gear:

Engine:
    Throttle map : standard

Align

I have then tried all the preset from the annoying guy!!!!!!!!! in the garage with the same results 24th place and about 10 sec of pace.

Cheers
    Ian

4. do you have traction control on or off and is that your own setup try the first dry setup from the engineer also do you know the track well not trying to sound smart or anything as they say practice makes perfect also what difficulty are you playing on

are you spinning off the track or even taking corners wide i know i seem to be asking alot of questions but i can get a general idea of how or why you might be off the pace things like abs and stuff like that are they on or off

5. Not a problem on the questions I am new to F12010 and need all the help I can get!

I have everything auto except the braking plus I am using the 360 controller for windows. Plus I have the amature setting. Yep I know the track quite well keeping pretty much to a standard racing line, yes ABS is on with full traction control.

6. you could be loosing some time on tricky corners but if the AI is on amatuer they shouldnt be too quick all i can say is to try a different setup maybe the one you are using doesnt suit your driving style try this link there are some custom setups people use might help http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/38632-kuala-lumpur-malaysia-dry.html if that doesnt help come back and ill see what i can do

7. if you're driving the correct lines, you'll be able to put reasonable times with almost any setup. seems like an incorrect driving issue. just practice more.