1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Anyone Have the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 italia wheel?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jibawakee, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Im thinking of buying it. I know there are a lot of better ones but the wheel seems to be a good price for what its offering. Has anyone bought it or used it. It would be great if you could give me your feedback from using it.

Thanks

2. You probably get what you pay for with this thing, and that is probably not a good thing.

No ffb?
    270 degrees steering only?
    plastic pedals?

These days I wouldn't settle for anything less than a G25.

3. When you say no FFB does that mean there is no vibration like if my car hit a wall our something as well and regular Force feed back

4. I would buy a DFGT instead. It's even cheaper, isn't it?

5. I was looking at that but i really like playing the xbox and pc so i wanted a wheel that could do both

6. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

I have a Thrustmaster 458 wheel which I could sell. It's a little worn the bungee cord is a bit loose but still works okay pedals are working fine.

It's a nice starter wheel way better than a controller plug & play Xbox360/PC, if your interested send me a PM

7. I bought the Thrustmaster 458 wheel for my son to get started with and I was pretty disappointed with it!! I have the DFP which is much better and the DFGT looks a good update to that.

The 458 wheel obviously has no FFB, but in that case you hope to have decent tension in the wheel to give you better control, but it has massive deadzone and feels very loose in the the first 10/15 degrees of rotation before you get a bit of resistance from it!!!

Pedals aren't bad for plastice ones, but they don't feel like they'll last long:(.

If you can get a DFGT for a decent price that would be a very good place to start.

8. Sorry I didn't see you wanted it for XBox as well!! Very frustrating to get a good wheel for that console without spending bigger bucks:thumbsdown: