Anyone had this?

My Game Stock Car Extreme has seemingly died. I click on the icon, the little rotating 'I'm working on it' circle appears, and then nothing. No sign that it will ever load. I have tried running it from the folders within the C drive, from the desktop shortcut and from the start up menu. Nothing. I have tried running as administrator and this doesn't work either.

Worryingly, I have reinstalled it and the same thing is happening.

Interestingly if I right click on the shortcut icon, and try to use the 'test compatibility' option it seems to want to test for Windows XP, when in fact I am running Windows 7.

Other programs work fine, such as netkarpro, virtual pool 4 and truck simulator.

I recently downloaded Steam and Raceroom Experience and thinking these may have caused the issue, have since uninstalled them, which of course has made no difference.

I have switched off the PC and come to type this in an effort to calm down before I am tempted to throw something very hard at the wall, like that mad German kid on Youtube.

I have backed up all my tracks and cars, but I won't be able to use them if I can't get the sodding program to work! Please help..

Is it running in task manager? I had a similar problem with FT2013.
1. Uninstall.
2. Delete all folders GSC related, including in users (if exist)
3. Restart.
4. Run a reg cleaner, ccleaner example, back up reg before cleaning.
5. Restart
6. Reinstall, run stock, new user.
(It isn't running according to task manager).
Unfortunately this didn't work either. Looks like my PC will never recognise GSCE again.
I really am running out of ideas

Last edited:
Probably no solutions for you in my post but here's my experience with similar issues:

My GSCE once did the same, I added a mod but the rFm files were wrong, as soon as I removed those the game worked again. But if you deleted all your GSC folders these should have deleted as well so probably not the same issue. Another thing that happened in past is my BitDefender would log gsc.exe as a malicious file (especially when playing with multiple copies of GSC to test mods), blocking it from running and also blocking from making any changes to the GSC root folder. This locked out the whole GSC folder, had to disable antivirus software and move the GSC folder to a new location where it worked again. Not sure if you tried installing in a completely new location.

Probably no solutions for you in my post but here's my experience with similar issues:

My GSCE once did the same, I added a mod but the rFm files were wrong, as soon as I removed those the game worked again. But if you deleted all your GSC folders these should have deleted as well so probably not the same issue. Another thing that happened in past is my BitDefender would log gsc.exe as a malicious file (especially when playing with multiple copies of GSC to test mods), blocking it from running and also blocking from making any changes to the GSC root folder. This locked out the whole GSC folder, had to disable antivirus software and move the GSC folder to a new location where it worked again. Not sure if you tried installing in a completely new location.

Agreed. I am surprised it is still not working after deleting and re-synching all those files. Only thing left now, as has been suggested, seems to be uninstall, clean the whole registry, wipe all traces and install again, and in a new location to be on the safe side (and not in program files folder)

Did a system restore to a month previous. It worked!
Although now the thing isn't recognising my wheel. But I fixed that the first time it happened, so fingers crossed, I will be back in action soon. Just need to add the tracks and cars back in with a working wheel and away we go.

Thanks for all the help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back