Anyone had this?

My Game Stock Car Extreme has seemingly died. I click on the icon, the little rotating 'I'm working on it' circle appears, and then nothing. No sign that it will ever load. I have tried running it from the folders within the C drive, from the desktop shortcut and from the start up menu. Nothing. I have tried running as administrator and this doesn't work either.

Worryingly, I have reinstalled it and the same thing is happening.

Interestingly if I right click on the shortcut icon, and try to use the 'test compatibility' option it seems to want to test for Windows XP, when in fact I am running Windows 7.

Other programs work fine, such as netkarpro, virtual pool 4 and truck simulator.

I recently downloaded Steam and Raceroom Experience and thinking these may have caused the issue, have since uninstalled them, which of course has made no difference.

I have switched off the PC and come to type this in an effort to calm down before I am tempted to throw something very hard at the wall, like that mad German kid on Youtube.

I have backed up all my tracks and cars, but I won't be able to use them if I can't get the sodding program to work! Please help..

You definitely cut it out?
OK, but we are getting close, because I know I had similar once before.
Do the same with controller folder, Completely Remove it, use GSCSync, and then try game again. (don't worry about missing player folder, it will soon create a new one when the game starts, and you can always put the original back if you want).

A mod has changed one of the files, corrupted it or done something that the game does not like. When GSC synch looks, if it thinks all files are the same it will not change them. But one of them has been changed.

Just a trial ~~: uninstall completely (perhaps with (free) Glarysoft: delete all remaining hidden files etc ...) and then do a fresh install in a new and different directory, followed by a sync. You really have bad luck if it still doesn't run, or else the remaining causes are very limited (antivirus, ..).
Hope your problem will be sorted out.

You definitely cut it out?
OK, but we are getting close, because I know I had similar once before.
Do the same with controller folder, Completely Remove it, use GSCSync, and then try game again. (don't worry about missing player folder, it will soon create a new one when the game starts, and you can always put the original back if you want).

A mod has changed one of the files, corrupted it or done something that the game does not like. When GSC synch looks, if it thinks all files are the same it will not change them. But one of them has been changed.

aaaarrrghhh, still no joy.

Are any mods still in your game installation folder? If so, it will be more difficult to find the problem.
I would delete all mods, and any file that is not original and then synch again. You need a clean install to fix this. Then you can add mods and test one by one once it is working properly.

Are any mods still in your game installation folder? If so, it will be more difficult to find the problem.
I would delete all mods, and any file that is not original and then synch again. You need a clean install to fix this. Then you can add mods and test one by one once it is working properly.
OK< have done that and re-synched. Still no joy.
I suppose my next step is to uninstall avast?

Can you just confirm, have you tried deleting ALL files in the root GSC folder and synch again? You don't need to delete the main GSC program files (with the GSC icon) , but ALL the others, like dll, reallfeel etc. I have had mods change these in the past and then the game would not start.

Can you just confirm, have you tried deleting ALL files in the root GSC folder and synch again? You don't need to delete the main GSC program files (with the GSC icon) , but ALL the others, like dll, reallfeel etc. I have had mods change these in the past and then the game would not start.
Whilst you were posting this, I was busy uninstalling avast and then GSCE once more using Glary Utilities.
So I have a brand new copy with no mods and it still won't work. Am I correct in thinking that all the dll files and realfeel files that you mention will be 'clean' because they are from the new install?

It's beginning to look like I may never get this fixed..

Whilst you were posting this, I was busy uninstalling avast and then GSCE once more using Glary Utilities.
So I have a brand new copy with no mods and it still won't work. Am I correct in thinking that all the dll files and realfeel files that you mention will be 'clean' because they are from the new install?

It's beginning to look like I may never get this fixed..

Yes if its a brand new clean install, all the files are ones that should be in there, including realfeel & dll files.
hmm....

Could u elaborate a bit more on what exactly happened when trying t shut down gsc in order t delete the problematic mod?
It was an rfactor hillclimb track which I converted (something I have done successfully many times), When It loaded the car was invisible with just the wheels showing, so I came out of GSCE, deleted the track's file and then tried to open GSCE again, which is when this started.

Is it running in task manager? I had a similar problem with FT2013.
1. Uninstall.
2. Delete all folders GSC related, including in users (if exist)
3. Restart.
4. Run a reg cleaner, ccleaner example, back up reg before cleaning.
5. Restart
6. Reinstall, run stock, new user.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%