• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Experiencing the Top Teams Retirement Bug on PC?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Kevin Amankwah, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Kevin Amankwah

Kevin Amankwah

Ratings:
    +71
    I am, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. Having all the top teams retire before the first pitstops really sucks for my championship.

2. Tobias Liesaus

Tobias Liesaus

Ratings:
    +35
    what exactly do you mean?

3. aceraspire4743

aceraspire4743

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe a screenshot of the dnfs?

4. Kevin Amankwah

Kevin Amankwah

Ratings:
    +71
    http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/477676-ai-dnfs.html

Screenshots won't help, it's basically the same issue I have from that thread. Almost every car from the top teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren) retires from the race before the first pit stop, usually with tire punctures. I started a new career (100% races) since the patch, and now have this issue.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered it and if they fixed it somehow. I think it might be rare though :(

Everyone I've read who've had this issue was driving the Force India (I am as well). I don't want to jump to any conclusions though.

I also started a new career by selecting it in My F1. That could be it too. I have to check.

5. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    I noticed this only in Turkey (I'm after Spain now). Red Bulls, Alonso and Button retired just after pit stop. Except this one, tehre are always 1 or 2 DNFs from top teams.

6. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Ratings:
    +245
    Usually there have been no DNFs in my career. I have had all the top teams retire in at least one race in every season. Singapore season 1 (I saw Hamilton hit the wall), Hungary season 2 (there was a pileup of about 5 cars, a Lotus, both Virgins and both Ferraris) and in Monaco season 3, which was the only incident in my career mode that deployed a safety car, though I didn't see the accident or debris from it.

In all those races, all the McLarens, Red Bulls and Ferraris retired.

7. iammx

iammx

Ratings:
    +10
    Change the Ai_choreograpy file so engine and tyre failures are at 0. There's a thread about it somewhere. Simples.

8. Kevin Amankwah

Kevin Amankwah

Ratings:
    +71
    Thanks, I'll try that