Anyone else experiencing stuttering lately?

For the past few days Ive been experiencing stuttering during gameplay. Im getting over 100 fps maxed out and never had this problem. Could this be a server problem?

im ay be overheating of videocard or processor, check out temperatures under full load.
hmm ill check it out. Its definitely not the processor. I would get a message saying it was warming up. Not sure about the gpu. I would hope not. Its a gtx 780 acx cooled. If this game is causing it to overheat that would be pretty sad. haha

Take note of what track(s) this is happening on, is it all off them? Portimao for instance is known to have that exact issue, I made a thread here about it a while back where we discussed settings to use. Short answer is try running with vertical sync on, it should remove the stuttering.

Take note of what track(s) this is happening on, is it all off them? Portimao for instance is known to have that exact issue, I made a thread here about it a while back where we discussed settings to use. Short answer is try running with vertical sync on, it should remove the stuttering.
ok ill take note. I was wondering about vsync. Does anyone experience and input lag with vsync enabled. And do you enable it in game or do you use the Nvidia vsync?

I'd say it may be because you don't have a good enough gpu but that's simply not the case. let me explain:

In every track except zandvoort and moscow raceway(i don't have portimao), i get 60+ fps with my current settings without normal or micro stutter.

In those two tracks however, during certain parts, i get micro stutter. I always (i mean always) looked at the fps counter during those micro stutter moments. It was sometimes 55, sometimes 70 fps. But the micro stutter was always there...

I've tried in-driver adaptive sync but it didn't do ****. It was the in game v-sync that worked. It's not perfect but at least my don't hurt no more. I can't say that i noticed any serious input lag either.

The one big thing I do to make the game run smooth is set the track detail to medium, once I did that, Portimao runs smooth and dont notice any difference with track detail, I think maybe it has to do with surrounding track detail? but it works well for me.

Vsync seems to have fixed it for me. Thanks guys. I just need to figure out how to stop shadowplay from stuttering in the replays. Check this vid I just made. You can see it sputter occasionally. But it's as smooth as butter when playing...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%