FM4 Anyone disappointed with Forza 4?

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Well myself no, i think the game is great!. The first DLC is awesome,don't have it yet but i'm happy with the way the game is now. And it didn't take a year to release a DLC and quite frankly a stellar one too. I'm looking forward to the next DLC.

Believe me the online action with the "Other Game" isn't any better either. I don't have XBL yet so i cannot express my angers of online play yet. I'll take your guy's words for it. And i wish my wheel will come soon! i hate playing with controller. I'm not getting the full Forza experience!.
Hiro,

If and when you get your XBOX Live subs (and your wheel, lol) you need to join the RD Drivers Club. Gary is arranging quite a few races to tide us over and he has also set out a Season for the stock Renault Clio v6 on Tuesday's and Fridays (commencing 15th Nov). Obviosuly leagues are limited to 16 racers (plus reserves) due to the limitation on grid spots in the game.

I only race with the XBOX controller, with manual gears/auto clutch and reckon I'll find myself towards the back end of all the races, but you usually find in any racing game, there is always someone like yourself you end up racing against, lol.

One thing I have found from my time racing with the RD guys in the iRacing Club is that you will get good clean racing, and none of the turn one heroes you regularly encounter in the online lobbies. Having only raced one Forza 4 online with the guys, it seems they are the same as the iRacing Club guys, like to race hard, but keep it clean as often as possible.

:cool:

I'm really looking forward to racing online. I've only had two races and they were both a bit of a joke.
2 drivers against me and all they appeared to want to do was try and ram me off the track...

Thankfully I had a little thing called skill on my person and managed to escape them a few times before going on to win by a good 40 seconds or so...

Still, the game is great. I'm loving the graphics, damage and sound effects in the game.
Using my Fanatec GT2 and G27 pedal combo feels pretty good too but now I'm on the look out for the Fanatec shifters as people on here are saying it will be faster than using the semi-auto paddles...

Clio V6 championship will be awesome!

I had spot two more downsides, for me anyway.
- It's just ridiculous to see and race against Chevrolet Sparks, Peugeots 107 and Citroen C1 at A class, yes I got a few of them
at A600. Other day I was with a Porsche tuned up to A600 and a fellow with a Spark chasing me on the twisted sectors and bump
and push me. Ridiculous. Those little cars should be allowed to tuned up to 2 or 3 class above only. What's the fun to see a few Ferraris, Aston, Porsches, Spykers, Maseratis, Veyrons, Koennigsegg and others super cars racing against C1 or Sparks? Even if it would be possible in real life, it would be highly expensive to tune such a car and above all, not allowed. Unless for hillclimbing I guess, and even so they would be in different classes I bet.

-Anyone knows how to mute (turn off) the sounds from people in the servers?
Sometimes there are a few guys hearing music and racing and it's a mix of just noise that cuts my engine and I can't hear it properly.
last experience was a dude speaking all damn race with his music very high, a children screaming a dog barking and also the engine of his car. All this was cutting my own engine sound. :mad:
Any help will be greatful.

I had spot two more downsides, for me anyway.
- It's just ridiculous to see and race against Chevrolet Sparks, Peugeots 107 and Citroen C1 at A class, yes I got a few of them
at A600. Other day I was with a Porsche tuned up to A600 and a fellow with a Spark chasing me on the twisted sectors and bump
and push me. Ridiculous. Those little cars should be allowed to tuned up to 2 or 3 class above only. What's the fun to see a few Ferraris, Aston, Porsches, Spykers, Maseratis, Veyrons, Koennigsegg and others super cars racing against C1 or Sparks? Even if it would be possible in real life, it would be highly expensive to tune such a car and above all, not allowed. Unless for hillclimbing I guess, and even so they would be in different classes I bet.

-Anyone knows how to mute (turn off) the sounds from people in the servers?
Sometimes there are a few guys hearing music and racing and it's a mix of just noise that cuts my engine and I can't hear it properly.
last experience was a dude speaking all damn race with his music very high, a children screaming a dog barking and also the engine of his car. All this was cutting my own engine sound. :mad:
Any help will be greatful.
Paulo - anyone who is not playing to xbox live code of conduct can be reported - depending on what they were doing there are various options on the profile page for each player's gamertag. Mostly I just don't bother but if someone is deliberately disrupting a game lobby then they deserve what they get! That said I'm not sure anything actually happens to them but at least they will be put on your avoided list.

The only thing that disappointed me so far is the AI. I like to run some 30 or 40 laps races and the AI sucks.
I find fantastic that noone during the game development saw that AI will be ridiculously slow entering during and exiting corners.
Really hope that Turn10 release a nice AI behavior update in a very short future.
Yes, the AI is pittiful. Not competitive. I am on Level 57, no assists and win 95% of all races in World Tour. And they ram you, and plow into you full blast when you are recovering from a spinout, when they could go around you. Turn 10 was just plain lazy. It has a lot of fun features and I will get my $60 out of it. Codies F1 AI is smart AI. They "see" you and go around you. It really amazes me actually. I had a car last night in FM4 come back on to the track after overshooting a turn, pull right out in front of me, and I T-boned him. The AI NEVER does crap like that in CM F1....never. FM4 has the worst AI I can remember in recent times.

wow is the AI bad with this game or is just me..i've had them constantly ramming or deliberately turning into me, and thats on the easy level..i'd hate to imagine what it'd be like racing in full without any assists or anything..i dont have a full time connection so i dont have a xboxlive subs, so i would hope that when and if i ever go down that road again..that the online racers are better than this surely..

I don't have this issue with the AI constantly ramming me or whatever. I've had races where some of the drivers are nuts out there but not every driver in every race going ballistic. It's usually just one or two "known" aggressive racers who'll do anything to win. On the flipside I've had AI break their neck trying to avoid contact with me even if it's my fault.

As far as the game I'm having a blast with it. Best Forza yet.

Chris,

Thanks to Google, found a forum that was discussing the very subject (albeit in relation to Forza 3).....

It has generally been accepted that a LB car is one that dominates the leaderboards in either a single track, or in a class.

So presume LB = Leader Board

:cool:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%