FM4 Anyone disappointed with Forza 4?

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Well myself no, i think the game is great!. The first DLC is awesome,don't have it yet but i'm happy with the way the game is now. And it didn't take a year to release a DLC and quite frankly a stellar one too. I'm looking forward to the next DLC.

The only thing that disappointed me so far is the AI. I like to run some 30 or 40 laps races and the AI sucks.
I find fantastic that noone during the game development saw that AI will be ridiculously slow entering during and exiting corners.
Really hope that Turn10 release a nice AI behavior update in a very short future.

As I'm new to Forza I have to say from what I've played so far it is a damn fine offering. It has even see me put GT5 out to pasture, lol.

I would say my only gripe so far owuld be the AI. Some if it is downright lame. A 3 laop race in E and F class cars and you can win by a country mile. Hope they can tweak this in some way via a downloadable patch fix.

If they would just make them that bit more challenging that would be great.

Had a dabble with the paint/decal tools and whilst they take a bit of getting used to, with time and patience I can see the possibilities of some great artwork being created.

The only downside so far - I just tried racing online against Joe Public - 16 cars sounds good but what a shambles! Crashfest - very disappointed - some good racers because I could see clean fast laps at race ending but too many idiots who shouldn't be on the road! Thank goodness for RD and others like it .....

I am very disappointed with the career mode and the race format. They could have done so much more.

I'll come right out and say that I'm a WTCC type racer, not a drifter and not a fan of 'race cars' (R1+) so I'm always looking for S-class and lower racing. The Career insists on moving you up to R-class cars, the same as the last game, which I complained about back then too! I hate R-Class *shrugs* Porsche tends to be the fastest I want to drive and I prefer some good A-class racing, but after several seasons, even changing to lower class cars just gets ignored by the career system.

They also failed to add any Qualifying sessions - I have been asking them to put that in since the original Forza and it still doesn't happen. The online Rival stuff is fun, but they could have given us a 'Race Weekend' experience to choose as an option for those who like that sort of thing.

Basically, after the first half dozen seasons or so I am reduced to racing from the event list instead when I want a quick race against the AI. Owing to personal circumstances I can't get online in the evenings much these days and daytime racers tend to be kids who ram you off the track in the corners :tongue:

Believe me the online action with the "Other Game" isn't any better either. I don't have XBL yet so i cannot express my angers of online play yet. I'll take your guy's words for it. And i wish my wheel will come soon! i hate playing with controller. I'm not getting the full Forza experience!.

There are some people who drive like idiots, but I think so far it is a lot better than it was in FM3. Usually I'm at the front so maybe that is why I haven't seen much stupidity. The thing that really get so atm is the ridiculously quick LB cars like the Super Bee or Dodge Dart. Racing against these in a "normal car" is pointless as you'll never win unless you join their way of online play.

There are some people who drive like idiots, but I think so far it is a lot better than it was in FM3. Usually I'm at the front so maybe that is why I haven't seen much stupidity. The thing that really get so atm is the ridiculously quick LB cars like the Super Bee or Dodge Dart. Racing against these in a "normal car" is pointless as you'll never win unless you join their way of online play.

It's indeed stupid to have these Muscle Cars as track beasts, as it was in Forza 3 with 4WD cars... These aren't good on a race track...

But, the Lotus Elise/Exige in Forza 4 are also considered as being LB cars... The thing is, these cars, upgraded and tuned, will indeed be unbeatable in real life as well so...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back