F1 2012 Anyone care to post their lap times?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I will post mine in pictures. I am curious because my friends on Steam, who I race with have better lap times than mine with all three of the main assists turned on.

I always drive with TCS and ABS off, Manual & Suggested Gears on, Pit Assist Off, and 3D Dynamic Racing Line On.

At least having 3 chevrons beside my lap times is more meaningful than no chevrons.

First off, tell me the following:

-What is your lap time?\Show me a picture of your lap time.
-Did you use any assists? If yes, please tell me because I want to feel better or worse about myself. (I don't mean to be an ass by saying that)

Here are my times. I already told you what assists I do and don't use:

6DE882466F46E38647E8D04738D008EED0509FF5

803790CD39FFFEB67492025850216BA8DC2D3A1F

9B8FD7E276E4A9DB513234EE0CEA3DF0D7F485C4

I use a logitech Momo Red, no aids except medium traction control. I only ever race from the normal cockpit view, I never use race line( they dont have it in real life), I never use flashbacks (again, not possible in real life). I race at 50% due to time constraints and I use the realistic damage mod. If I crash, I'm out just as in real life. I use it as a race sim, not an arcade game. I only ever do career mode. That's all I'm interested in. (Pro AI). In my opinion, anyone who races or posts fast lap times in any view other than realistic cockpit view is just not valid and is meaningless to me. That is my opinion. ;)

I use a logitech Momo Red, no aids except medium traction control. I only ever race from the normal cockpit view, I never use race line( they dont have it in real life), I never use flashbacks (again, not possible in real life). I race at 50% due to time constraints and I use the realistic damage mod. If I crash, I'm out just as in real life. I use it as a race sim, not an arcade game. I only ever do career mode. That's all I'm interested in. (Pro AI). In my opinion, anyone who races or posts fast lap times in any view other than realistic cockpit view is just not valid and is meaningless to me. That is my opinion. ;)
To mention it i think almost 80 percent of players in this game use t-cam.Don't make a mistake i use cockpit too in multiplayer and in career too but to do a faster lap i had to use this to be far quicker, i tried to do a lap here with cockpit in time trial and i was half second slower..And it's a arcade game , don't think that everyone will use cockpit here.

I'm assuming you have one chevron, no?

lol you taking this game seriously enough sir xD

You do realise F1 cars dont have traction control right? Was just wondering why you want as much realism as you can, and then use TC?

You do realise F1 cars dont have traction control right? Was just wondering why you want as much realism as you can, and then use TC?

I know, but I find the cars a little too loose in the 2012 version. We can't have perfect realism can we? I mean we sit in front of a computer screen and steer with a plastic and leather steering wheel clamped down. ;) But I would never race or enter comps/leagues etc unless they enforced cockpit view, no driving line just for starters. There are enough silly little rammers out there in multiplayer land who's soul aim is to drive from arcade views, bounce of the armco's and ram fair players off the track. The real dedicated drivers use cockpit view and no other cheats. Just my opinion. Obviously it does not mean I am talking about you. But for others reading this, well only get upset if the cap fits. :D

I wasn't taking it out on you either by the way, was just curious why you used TC. It does take a bit of getting used to, but its not that bad, alot easier to not spin in 2012 compared to 2011. You just need to be smooth applying the throttle, and make sure you dont apply 100% throttle until your straightened up and in 2nd gear moving to 3rd, and you'll be fine. As for wet driving, just even more smooth and hardly apply the throttle until you're sure the wheels won't spin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back