Anybody using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview or planning to purchase Windows 8?

As someone who has actually been looking into purchasing a new computer, and since I'm a massivly hardcore gamer, I'll put this in simple terms.

Windows snaps any type of Apple hardware in half completely and utterly when it comes to gaming.

Not only do majority of games get late releases (or not at all) onto Apple, Apple's hardware configurations are absoloutely shocking. They're horrible for gaming, absoloutely horrible.

They're Office PC's, thats all, and you dont need a giant screen or anything else for that. I would describe them simply "Rich person computers". Because you'd need a seperate computer for gaming.

Onto Windows 8. I thought Windows 8 was designed as "Windows Phone", or whatever it is they use on the Windows Smartphones, but if they're bringing that (and touch screens) to computers, they're going to lose money hand over fist.

I think most level headed people hate the idea of a home 3D system, I know my entire family and all my friends see it as a useless addon, not everyone will be that way obviously but I think the majority feels that way.

Now tell me, who the heck would buy a touchscreen desktop. That would be slow, clumsy, annoying, and impossible to do simple things most guys here do, like gaming.

Windows 7 for me. I cant see these new innovations taking off, they were designed to compete with the Ipad, they shouldnt be used as a whole PC market. Just no.

I know several people that use touch screens for gaming and it really depends on the type of gaming you do as to the suitability of a touch screen. If you are into MMORPG's then a touch screen may well be a faster way to game. As for the OS being designed around touch screens, IMHO this isn't the way to go, but I don't use a touch screen computer. There are ways to get the original Windows interface in Windows8 so this is still going to be a valid OS for the future.

Ok. For me computers had "power" not "style". Fashion articles it is. No, you can not get that much cheaper elsewhere.
It's not about fashion the Imac exists.

It's because it's a stationary computer but everything is packed in nicely behind the gorious 27 inch screen.
It's a very smart solution to people whi eithe don't have room to put a big box on the floor.

the design is a plus and sure they charge for that, as they should.
which all companies do that invest in design.

not everyone in the world is a gamer and like i said, i already have a powerful gaming rig.

Lads, some computers can indeed be sexy and powerful. Look at Alienware for example, Dell's using it's Alienware brand to lead a revolution in mobile gaming, you can customize and build your own laptop that would look good and would snap most desktops in two.

Falcon-NW are doing it too, but Falcon are a bit more expensive. ASUS brought out the Lamborghini too.

I know these are all Windows PC's but really I'm biest, I wont lie, I've used Mac's and PC's and I cant see a Mac being purely used for gaming I just cant, hardware wise they're not even on the same scale as PC's.

If Microsoft was looking to see how many copies they could prevent from being sold, this is the way to do it. There are so many things you can't do from the touch screen interface it isn't funny, and if they are removing the code to allow for a Windows 7 type of interface then this makes the OS pretty much worthless to a lot of people.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back