Anybody using a GTX 770 2GB

Last edited:
I am seeing terrific performance in v0.10 multiplayer and also AI races.
Sorry, here we go with the settings:

1920x1080
16x AF / 4x AA / 0x FXAA
Shadow Res: High
World Detail: Maximum
Smoke: Normal / Smoke Mirrors: Off
Mirror Reflections: High / HQ mirror: Off
Cubes: Med / Faces: 3

Starting 24th place AI grid - Fabarth @ Imola:

56FPS - Minimum happens for a moment off the grid
60-70FPS - Average 1st lap
90FPS - Maximum peak
80-90FPS - Average once the cars are spreadout

Same settings as above but with 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling:

52FPS - Minimum happens for a moment off the grid
60-65FPS - Average 1st lap
70FPS - Maximum peak
65-70FPS - Average once the cars are spreadout

Seems like the gap got smaller. Nice update.

I am seeing terrific performance in v0.10 multiplayer and also AI races.
Sorry, here we go with the settings:

1920x1080
16x AF / 4x AA / 0x FXAA
Shadow Res: High
World Detail: Maximum
Smoke: Normal / Smoke Mirrors: Off
Mirror Reflections: High / HQ mirror: Off
Cubes: Med / Faces: 3

Starting 24th place AI grid - Fabarth @ Imola:

56FPS - Minimum happens for a moment off the grid
60-70FPS - Average 1st lap
90FPS - Maximum peak
80-90FPS - Average once the cars are spreadout

Same settings as above but with 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling:

52FPS - Minimum happens for a moment off the grid
60-65FPS - Average 1st lap
70FPS - Maximum peak
65-70FPS - Average once the cars are spreadout

Seems like the gap got smaller. Nice update.

Are these using triples? I'm asking because I'm currently thinking of upgrading my 650TI boost for the cheapest GPU I could get for good enough settings and triples.

Are these using triples? I'm asking because I'm currently thinking of upgrading my 650TI boost for the cheapest GPU I could get for good enough settings and triples.

Nope not triples. 1920x1080 as stated at the top of my settings :D

Hoping to get my triples running at some point, but involves a massive rethink of where I have my rig positioned.
I have the hardware, but not the inclination to be bothered at the moment. :)

Nope not triples. 1920x1080 as stated at the top of my settings :D

Hoping to get my triples running at some point, but involves a massive rethink of where I have my rig positioned.
I have the hardware, but not the inclination to be bothered at the moment. :)
Oh, I was assuming it could be triples with 1920x1080 ;)

But you're sure this card would be enough for that? Any idea what frame rates it would have w/ AI/MP? Any reason for getting the 4GB variant over just the 2GB?

When running triples, the overall resolution is the sum of the 3 monitors, so if all 3 were @ 1920x1080, my resolution would be 5760x1080. Obviously there are lots of combos of resolutions to choose from depending on what you can get away with.

The 770 4GB card would certainly be enough to run the game across 3, but at what detail level and resolution I have no way of knowing as I have not tested it out for myself - plus everybody's rig is different.
Throw AI at the CPU and you will get different results to same number of cars on a MP grid - you could have the power of 10 Titans but if your CPU is bottle-necking then you wont see more frame, just the fact your GPU is 95% idle.

The reason I bought 4GB over 2GB was so I can run 3 screens - I have 3 screens, I just don't have the room to set them up as it involves a total rethink of where I keep my gaming rig.

Oh, I was assuming it could be triples with 1920x1080 ;)

But you're sure this card would be enough for that? Any idea what frame rates it would have w/ AI/MP? Any reason for getting the 4GB variant over just the 2GB?

In my opinion, at GTX 780 is minimum for running triple screen, if you like eye candy, weather effects, night racing, lots of AI or MP opponents, and still maintain 60 FPS. Too me I need that 60 FPS.
I have a factory overclocked 780 and I have to tone things down a little in most of my racing sims (some more than others), not down to the point where it doesn't look good but I can get dips on FPS if I turn on too much. My i7 seems fine in most cases, and I have plenty of graphics and system memory.

In my opinion, at GTX 780 is minimum for running triple screen, if you like eye candy, weather effects, night racing, lots of AI or MP opponents, and still maintain 60 FPS. Too me I need that 60 FPS.
I have a factory overclocked 780 and I have to tone things down a little in most of my racing sims (some more than others), not down to the point where it doesn't look good but I can get dips on FPS if I turn on too much. My i7 seems fine in most cases, and I have plenty of graphics and system memory.

Whoa, it's more than $100 over the 770. Hmmm.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%