1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Anybody plays ARCA still?

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Bram, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Besides our dedicated group of racers that is driving in the RDSCS league i wonder who of you that aren't in that league are still playing ARCA.

This forum is so dead the last months and the game is constantly improving. Doesn't make any sense :)

2. Yea, what he said ... ;) Been quite a bit of returning folks last few months, but expected slow down for summer months is also going to play a factor as well.

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

it's something I've been meaning to get round to getting and running races with, I started my simming with NR4 and NR2003. One day I'll put the others down and give it a try.

Isn't there a new version due sometime, will be a complete new purchase or upgrade release. if so how far off is it?

4. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Nothing Beats Dedication. :)

5. Bram

Bram

True, but it would be nice if more people would join the monday night fun. Maybe TSF should drop the prize of the game a little now part 2 has been announced? The lower prize strategy seems to work for Netkar Pro that has significantly increased their amount of players by cutting the prize in half.

6. I play, but with no wheel I could never join a league...playing with a controller just isn't stable enough :(

7. ;) Keep us in mind when your ready to get a wheel ... http://www.facebook.com/TheSimFactory (current comment)

8. Any screenshots/specs? More importantly (for me), what is the price going to be...?

9. Bram

Bram

How to get a thread off topic :)

Ontopic: Dustin you can join us with a controller as well mate. Its not that the wheeldrivers never make a mistake :cool:

10. My driving style seems to eat up tires quickly, I usually diamond the corners since I can't hold the car steady in arching turns. Are the league races full length? I don't mind logging laps, trying to slow my pace a bit to try and conserve my tires.Would love to race against real people :)

11. No idea on price yet, but note the word "professional", so don't expect to be in G27 price range ;)

Sorry to sway off-topic Bram ... :)

BTW, for those who may have missed the updates, there are no longer any aids available to you in the sim, other than auto clutch. So I am not certain a controller would work any better or worse for him. A keyboard will definitely have issue.

12. Bram

Bram

A controller works great for a lot of others in the ISI based sims, so I can imagine it works here also

13. Controllers 'work', I just don't want to be that guy who slips in the corner and takes out half the field. I pride myself in racing clean and I just don't feel the controllers can be as steady as the wheels. This is most likely a mental block more than anything else but I'd love to turn some laps with humans sometime :)

*Side note: when The Sim Factory says "professional", I'm assuming this means their wheel is going to cost MORE than a G27...?

14. i will get the game but don't know if it cost anything. on the site it says no month;y fee or hidden fees but what about a flat fee? if not i will definetly get it because my dream is really to get in nascar which is the next step after arca. i know how the race the cars already.

15. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Good looking series website. Nicely set up. I hope it will feature European series some day. The Eastern and Western time schedules are slightly unsuitable for me during non-holiday periods.

16. We are very hopeful in getting a European and maybe even Australian based league up and running in similar fashion. If there is anyone willing to spend the time necessary to admin the events and coordinate these, we would be willing to help in any way we could. If someone is serious, maybe you can spend a few nights with us on teamspeak and spectate our event to learn how things are being done for your use later.

17. http://www.asrseries.com/main

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations to Craig Skelton who took the first win of the season in the East Pro-Am Series. The West Pro-Am Series is scheduled to kick its season off on May 12th. Gates open at 6:00 pm PST with Official practice and then the race which is scheduled to start at 8:15 pm PST.

[​IMG]