• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Any worthwhile track mods outside of the MegaPack?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by ShredatorFIN, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +189
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +258
    Load the AMS stock track "Kansai" and your Suzuka craving will be well satisfied. :):):)

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +189
    Oh :D I'm quite new to the sim. So many tracks, I thought it's some Brazilian or similar track didn't try it yet. Thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +258
    Haha, nope that is the one you want.

And as far as other quality AMS tracks, the MEGAPACK is pretty much it. No disrespect to the other modders here but the Reiza procedures to get the tracks to "AMS Standards" is quite unique and as far as I know, other than Reiza, only Patrick fully understands the ways of the force.

It is possible to port any RF1 or SCE track to AMS fairly easily however you will be missing proper shaders and the dynamic track. I have around 200 additional tracks in AMS now (much thanks to the help of the AMS modding community) so I can guarantee it is possible. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +273
    eec has some tracks converted as well. im using their Sebring and watkins glen track. I believe the shaders are updated but not the dynamic track surface

6. led00m

led00m
    Sim racer, kart racer and an academic

Ratings:
    +78
    The JNS track pack has an awesome version of Watkins Glen and Sonoma + loads of ovals if you're into that. They're not quite Reiza standard but they're a heck of a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lorencini

Lorencini

Ratings:
    +306
    GTSpeedster has converted lots os SimRaceWay tracks to AMS (14 tracks total).

Donnington, Zandvoort, Assen, COTA, Sonoma, Mid-Ohio, Glen, Daytona, Lime Rock, Edmonton (from Indycar)....

Check out his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GTSpeedster

For every AMS video there's a link to download the track.

Graphics are very good and AI are solid.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer

Ratings:
    +29
    Gtspeedster tracks are ok, just can't get mid Ohio going, stalls when loading, hit space and ctd occurs. Anyone else having this issue.

9. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    If anyone experiences flickering with these tracks, it's probably because of a very low field of view. Gradually increase the FOV until the flickering stops.

• Like Like x 1