1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Any way to improve AI's start?

Discussion in 'F1 2014 - The Game' started by kiss ferenc, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Well, default legend difficulty is challenging for me, I don't want to use True to life AI mod, but the pace of the AI cars are so poor at race start. I easily overtake 4-5 cars in the first two corners, and 3-4 in the next ones. But after 1 lap I can't keep the front car's pace and the overtaken cars are all in my ass.
    Any way to improve their start?

2. Sorry, I don't think there is a solution for the "slow first lap bug". I hope it will be fixed in F1 2015.

In the mean time I have made a rule for myself, that I'm only allowed to gain one position during the first lap. I "play" that it is the best I can perform. In that way, for the rest of the race, I compete against cars with speed and pace like my own. And also it makes qualifying much more interesting.

3. Auto-brake your lap 1 to make it more competitive. Then pause the game after your first lap and remove auto braking and carry on with the race.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. thanks dudes.
    I use the first method usually, but its so annoying to go 70% throttle.
    I will give a try to driveroz247's tip.

5. I suspect all your overtaking moves are achieved by overtaking down the inside of a corner and braking late sliding down the inside as the AI queue up on the outside.

The way I play is that I can only overtake on the "OUTSIDE" of a corner during Lap 1. I apply that especially to Turn 1 where you can be aggressive and try to overtake wide but this is risky as I can gain or lose 2 places being aggressive into Turn 1 that way. The other thing is to Turn your Mix to Mix 1 for the first 2 laps. This also gives you an extra 2 laps at Mix 3 at the end when you need all the help you can get.

6. That's actually a good idea, thanks.