Any way to glance down?

Back in October I swapped my 50" 4K screen for a triple curved 34" ultra-widescreen setup, running at 7680x1080. This is a pretty narrow vertical strip and with an FOV that feels comfortable to me, I'm often not able to see the displays under the upper part of the wheel rim, as they're below the bottom edge of my monitor. AC does not seem to have any ability to pan the view down -- am I missing something?

And/or can others running triple-screen setups like mine suggest any other solutions? I use SimDashboard to export data to a small screen that I place below my center monitor, but if there was any way to be able to see the original displays in-game, I'd prefer to do that.

Sorry, I should’ve mentioned that I’m already using RHM—but it only has glance left/right, no up or down.

VR—I bought an Oculus Rift last August but ended up selling it shortly thereafter. The immersion was incredible, but I just couldn’t get past the low resolution, especially compared to my (at the time) large 4K monitor. When resolutions approach 4K in a year or two, I’ll likely jump back in.

index.php

Second option from the bottom... Bind it to a key or button through joytokey.

Back in October I swapped my 50" 4K screen for a triple curved 34" ultra-widescreen setup, running at 7680x1080. This is a pretty narrow vertical strip and with an FOV that feels comfortable to me, I'm often not able to see the displays under the upper part of the wheel rim, as they're below the bottom edge of my monitor. AC does not seem to have any ability to pan the view down -- am I missing something?

And/or can others running triple-screen setups like mine suggest any other solutions? I use SimDashboard to export data to a small screen that I place below my center monitor, but if there was any way to be able to see the original displays in-game, I'd prefer to do that.

maybe pitch a little. i have this issue and you have to display widgets on the right/left of the monitor.

I'm almost always in the same position as you, @Greg Pugliese - some cars are fine, some not so much for my FOV. My solution is to open the Onboard Settings app when you're on the track and I tap the plus sign on the PITCH adjustment. Usually I have to tap it a few times... Then I use the up arrow to get my driver's head a little taller because a lot of times when I use the PITCH adjustment I can't see the hood of my car or whatever... Good luck! Hope you get it to work out. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot. Don't forget to hit the SAVE button once you're satisfied otherwise you'll have to do the adjusting all over again the next time you load that car.

Oddly, I’ve noticed that the Pitch and FOV buttons have no effect whatsoever in-game for me. Maybe this doesn’t work for triple screen setups? I’ll have to try a single screen and see if it works there.
They work in cockpit view, so make sure you hit F1 until you reach that view. I mean there are 2 "cockpit" views, one is locked and the other one not.

Are you guys positive that the 'pitch' slider in the Onboard Settings app is having an effect? I just tried single screen and FOV appears to work there, whereas it does not in triple screen. But 'pitch' does nothing in triple or single screen, and I'm definitely using the non-fixed cockpit view (the one with the steering wheel). So you're saying that you can essentially tilt your point of view up and down?

EDIT: It appears that RealHeadMotion has a Pitch slider too, and this one works! I'm now experimenting with what works on each car. Kind of annoying to have to set per-car pitch outside of the game, but oh well.

Last edited:
Are you guys positive that the 'pitch' slider in the Onboard Settings app is having an effect? I just tried single screen and FOV appears to work there, whereas it does not in triple screen. But 'pitch' does nothing in triple or single screen, and I'm definitely using the non-fixed cockpit view (the one with the steering wheel). So you're saying that you can essentially tilt your point of view up and down?

EDIT: It appears that RealHeadMotion has a Pitch slider too, and this one works! I'm now experimenting with what works on each car. Kind of annoying to have to set per-car pitch outside of the game, but oh well.
Real head motion emulates to be a head tracker, that's why glancing, looking backwards and the pitch won't work.
I agree that pitch should be independent but it's not the "route of thought" the devs where going.

You could try to use the same pitch in all cars and instead to adjust the seat height and distance to get a different angle as the seat position gets saved for each car automatically :)

That real head motion thing... Is it an app that hooks into AC? How does it work? When you're approaching a corner do the driver's turn slightly or something? No hardware is necessary, right?

That real head motion thing... Is it an app that hooks into AC? How does it work? When you're approaching a corner do the driver's turn slightly or something? No hardware is necessary, right?
I'll try to explain it with my limited knowledge but I think I got it right!
Do you know these little Headtracker devices that work with a motion sensor and/or webcam?
Real Head motion emulates to be exactly that, but the motion input isn't your head, but instead a mix of AC's shared memory with things regarding the cockpit plus your steering input.

So you have sliders and settings for things like:
- "filter out bump motion": mix of "lock to horizon" and not locked to horizon.

- "when I steer a certain degree, move my head a certain degree"

- and in addition to that: "how much should that movement be filtered so it doesn't move when you do quick correction movements"

- "when my direction of movement is different from the direction of the car do this or that"

- "when g-forces apply lean my head to a certain amount"

And another bunch of things but you get the hook I think :)

I LOVED this little tool but at the moment I only use it to filter out the bumpiness of the camera as "lock to horizon" doesn't move the the camera up a hill or down so at Road Atlanta 80% of your screen becomes the cockpit uphill and downhill your head is kind of "in the roof" :cautious:

Why I don't use the rest of the settings:
it works like a charm but currently I'm really trying to improve my driving skills and it's a lot more difficult to see when the car starts to slide when you can't be sure if the car starts to drift or your camera just leans into a corner.

I use Track IR5 and it works a treat. You can look any where you like. Remember there are also two cockpit views to select. Only one can be adjusted though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back