Tracks Any trackmaker streams?

elloLeo Kinnunen

Pin Head Racing
Hi.

Do any of you trackmakers out there ever stream your workflow or might consider doing it? I'm a beginner, and have watched my fair share of the youtube tutorials and read through lots of the WIP and the "Dumb questions" posts, but on my learning curve I find myself wanting a bit more step by step detail for an actual WIP track rather than just those totally basic proof of concept ones... and maybe a bit more interactive if it were available.

No expectation that it be commented or explained. I don't care how far along in the process or the level of difficulty. I'd just love to see how you geniuses work. I know a lot of track making is unadulterated tedium but if it's just a matter of screen capture for you then I'd even volunteer to pick out some inane elevator music to really get the audience excited. Not asking for any actual trade secrets to be revealed, just whatever you're willing to share.

Cheers.

Most of my tracks are under NDA, and Australian internet is too slow for streaming (at least here).

I have thought about making a class, breaking it down into a program with reviews and collaboration, with weekly targets

Thanks for the responses guys. Something like a program with reviews or a start to finish video series would be very welcome also. I had forgotten there are so many ways of doing things, including multiple data formats, but I was aiming for using blender personally - free and powerful seems hard to beat, right?

I haven't been able to settle on a single project yet. There are so many track layouts I'd like to try in a barebones form like @LilSki 's greenwood video before deciding which one to go ahead with. But I have been collecting lidar data for some historical circuits and this has been one area which the basic tutorials don't cover in much detail at all.

I know that time is almost always in short supply, and I know there is plenty of existing information out there already for which I am grateful too but I would very much look forward to any of your suggestions here coming to life also!

Hi :D
I can definitely recommend to get RaceTrackBuilder on steam :D it is easy to understand and there is a Step-by-Step Tut-series on YouTube available :D so, yeah the Price tag of 60€ is quite high, but it is still under development and is something u can learn to build tracks with :)

Cheers,
Max

PS: If you need any help, I can maybe help u :)

Hi :D
I can definitely recommend to get RaceTrackBuilder on steam :D it is easy to understand and there is a Step-by-Step Tut-series on YouTube available :D so, yeah the Price tag of 60€ is quite high, but it is still under development and is something u can learn to build tracks with :)

Cheers,
Max

PS: If you need any help, I can maybe help u :)
RTB had good intentions but the way most people use it goes against all rulesets and targets a track maker should have (mostly making humongous tracks with hundreds of badly made xpacks). It doesn't teach you how to be good artist.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 35.0%