Any really good F1 mods out there?

I used to enjoy the Codemasters F1 series but after playing a bit of Race07, NetKar Pro demo and rFactor demo I can't help but feel that the physics in the CM series are a bit lackluster. So does anyone know if there's some really good F1 mods for any game out there?
Car brand and team liveries are not so important, but it needs to handle like a F1 car and sound like one. Also I'd prefer if it has KERS and DRS, but it's not a MUST have.

Been looking at NetKar Pro which seems to have a lot of the 2011 F1 tracks converted, but I'm not sure how the stock cars handle and while having browsed for car addons for it I can't seem to find any. Furthermore I can't find any info on whether the NetKar "F1 car" has KERS and DRS.

Edit: I should add that I tested the Formula RaceRoom or whatever from SimBin, handling was ok-ish but it didn't quite do it for me.

F1 2007 MMG, the only legal F1 mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?c3p2qug76irfn85 Much better and harder than Formula RR.
You can find setups here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/setups-archive.51525/ I strongly recommend of using only PrestoGP setups, they are using all settings (not only those shown in the setup screen..) Choose the setup that best fits to track profile, save it to My Documents\SimBin\Race 07\UserData\CarSetups\[track folder]. Open it in game and modify according to your needs.

Hmm seems there's a few interesting ones for rFactor. Tried the demo and didn't fancy the game, but demos doesn't tell the full truth. Are rFactor mods compatible with rF2? (I'm guessing they ain't but what do I know :p)

I'm now considering a purchase of rFactor, but not sure if I should go for rF1 or rF2, buying both right now is a nogo but I'm sure I'll pick up rF2 no matter what sooner or later. The sheer amount of mods to rF1 is what draws me in, rF2 will hopefully follow suit but as of now it can't compete unless rF1 mods works out of the box.

I'm now considering a purchase of rFactor, but not sure if I should go for rF1 or rF2, buying both right now is a nogo but I'm sure I'll pick up rF2 no matter what sooner or later. The sheer amount of mods to rF1 is what draws me in, rF2 will hopefully follow suit but as of now it can't compete unless rF1 mods works out of the box.

Get rF1, there's so much content even besides F1, rF2 just has to fill so much gaps still in their development. Despite rF2 has some cool features that rF1 didn't they're not suited for a decent overall package yet. Give it a year and then you could buy it.
rF1 lacks rain but apart of that it outlasts any other similar sim because of the variety of mods. If you're in F1, CDTP's F1 2006 is the way to go.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be getting GSC2012 first of all, let's see how long that lasts me then I'll reconsider rF1 again. I've already too many games to fit into my schedule and with Guild Wars 2 being released late August I'll have even less :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back