Any program to control Simucube rotation?

I have a Simucube 1 and I would like to know if it's possible to control the steering wheel rotation from the software. My idea is to be able to set the degrees of rotation of the steering wheel from a command (using a script so that it autocenters when I start or restart a session in Assetto Corsa).

• Deleted member 197115

You mean wheel position as CM takes care of car specific DOR?
Why not just enable Desktop Centering Spring?

• Deleted member 197115

It centers wheel when not in race, isn't that what you wanted? When game takes over FFB it's off. Degree of rotation can be controlled by CM using that API that Mika pointed to you, you just enable that "Hardware Lock (experimental)", but you probably know that already.
1701546166405.png

But I believe what you want is setting wheel position, not DOR. For that you can use centering spring, desktop when not in game or new constantly operated one introduced in recent release of TD, that one will work even in game, not sure if you want it though, as it will be effective ALL the time.

• Add new FFB setting: Centering Spring. This new effect that also works in-game, can be used to add self-aligning torque to the FFB, and it makes some old games that only had vibration effects more intuitive to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have enabled Desktop Centering Spring in the Simucube 1 app, restarted the program, and still nothing happens: the steering wheel never autocenters. As regard hardware lock, I'm using the bumstop feature in the Simucube app, which is working, although it's set to a fixed value and does not match the simulated car's maximum degrees of rotation, which would be great, but the priority is not to stretch my coiled cable too much.

• Deleted member 197115

I have enabled Desktop Centering Spring in the Simucube 1 app, restarted the program, and still nothing happens: the steering wheel never autocenters. As regard hardware lock, I'm using the bumstop feature in the Simucube app, which is working, although it's set to a fixed value and does not match the simulated car's maximum degrees of rotation, which would be great, but the priority is not to stretch my coiled cable too much.
Just enable hardware lock in CM and bumpstops will match car specific DOR, you can set TD DOR to max supported by AC which is 1180 IIRC.
Did not realize you are on SC1 and do not have access to the latest centering spring feature, desktop spring should work though, when not in game.

I didn't expect the hardware lock feature to work but it does. I've enabled it and then I've raised the bumpstop range to the max in the Simucube app. Now the bumpstop matches the degrees of rotation of every car in the game. Cool.

As regard the desktop centering feature, it works, but when I leave a race in Assetto Corsa it no longer works, even if I close Content Manager and disable and enable it again in Simucube or restart the program. I have to disconnect the wheel and restart the app. Any idea?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%