Any one interested in persuing a class action suit against this BTB owner?

I am new to this forum, under necessity to get acquianted with what is going on before I start posting. I see many posts about not being able to use the purchased software BTB, because of many different problems. The most assinine problem is not being able to get any help from the owner about reactivating your license because you have had a change in your devices. This is unaccepatble business practice. He will not respond to my requests to get this fixed. The forum only tells you that you must wait a year until your license expires before being able to get a new license to configure your software to work again.

Wonderful! I just get tired of being ripped off. I thought that there were others that feel as I do, I guess not. I can't play the harmonica, but I can play the blues for you on the piano. Sorry to have agitated you all. I do respect the author's work in producing a program that has allowed many of my favorite tracks to be built. I don't like his method of licensing and do not respect his ignoring my email to him. Oh well I guess I will have to wait for a year to pass before I can try to use his program again. Have fun guys and keep producing those great tracks, wish I could be a part of it.

Wonderful! I just get tired of being ripped off. I thought that there were others that feel as I do, I guess not. I can't play the harmonica, but I can play the blues for you on the piano. Sorry to have agitated you all. I do respect the author's work in producing a program that has allowed many of my favorite tracks to be built. I don't like his method of licensing and do not respect his ignoring my email to him. Oh well I guess I will have to wait for a year to pass before I can try to use his program again. Have fun guys and keep producing those great tracks, wish I could be a part of it.
I think we all understand your pain and you have every right to be upset. Most of us have experienced this misfortune and I do wish something was done about it, Brendan should at least reduce the time on the license so this doesn't happen again, make it a max of 6 months or simply stop selling it all together.

You have other options though, you can get your track into Blender and finish it there. All you need is 3dSimEd and you can export it to rfactor. It might be hard at first but once you get into it you will start learning more about 3d modelling. A few people here use Blender and will be able to help you out.

How about all the AIW lines, start lights, lods, checkpoints, car positions, collisions, horizons, what else... Can you do that with 3dSimEd?
I will react as if your being genuine.

Aiw, you use the rfactor aiw editor, Just like we had to do before the aiw was added to btb.
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/16976-beginners-guide-making-rfactor-aiw-file.html

Startlights, you can either make them yourself in Blender or copy the ones out of an existing isi track (you can export them out of simed as 3ds and import them into Blender)

Lods, you do that in smed.

Checkpoints you add in Blender, then set the values in simed.

Car positions is done with the rfactor aiw editor ^^

Collisions, as is with all object values this is all accessible in simed.

Horizon, use Krunch skybox, you copy sky.mas from out of an existing btb export, then copy the scn instance from an existing btb exported scn file and paste it into the new one. (don't forget to include the credit)
Or you can make your own in blender.
If you don't have an existing btb exported track, then just ask someone.

what else,,, everything you can think of can be done this way, even custom shaders.

It's not easy doing it this way, there is no magic press of the button and hey presto. But you will benefit from doing it this way, you will learn other things about building tracks for the game, important things that you take for granted with BTB.

If it helps you to understand that it is possible, the Camaro I made for NAGT was built in Blender and exported to rfactor using simed.
Here is a video of it,

So,, all things are possible, it just takes a few extra steps :)

[ED] I knew I made this video for a reason,
If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip forward to about 2:30, I show some brief parts of using notepad and simed to set it up for rfactor.
It's not a track i know, but the principles are all the same.

I will react as if your being genuine.

Hehe yes I was genuine, not sarcastic :) Theres definitely a lot more work to do without BTB. I am more interested of doing some car modding with these tools, than tracks. I try to get the BTB working, it is really a good tool for track building. That video tutorial will be a great help if I try my hands in car modding. I haven't yet found any good rigging tutorial how to construct a basic car so that it works in the game :/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back