• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Any more clubsport pedal users out there? Got a question!

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jonathan Johansson, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Jonathan Johansson

Jonathan Johansson

Ratings:
    +56
    I got a set of clubsport pedals about a week ago, and i have a question about the gas pedal, when i floor it it makes a quite loud *BANG* noise as if metal to metal really collides, and i dont remember but i think when i first got the pedals it didnt make that much of a sound :frown: Its not a very big issue but its a bit anyoing

The clutch pedal is more silent when i floor it.. it only makes a small *donk*

Do you guys have a much louder sound on the gas pedal when you floor it compared to the clutch pedal?

And can i somehow open up those black metal things and maybe try and fix this problem without screwing up the components inside?

2. Pete Mull

Pete Mull

Ratings:
    +35
  3. Jonathan Johansson

Jonathan Johansson

Ratings:
    +56
    oops youre right, didnt notice that one.. thanks!

4. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ratings:
    +71
    That's the rubber they use in the pedals, inside the cylinder that they push into. Mine went too.

Take it apart and you'll see weird crumbled wet bits of plastic. I replaced mine with some new rubber and it's been fine since

5. Jonathan Johansson

Jonathan Johansson

Ratings:
    +56
    Superb! ill do that