Any interest in....

Just a thought. RD do a great job with the current mods and some of you guys run in F1, V8’s, Saloons and Porches which is admirable.
Personally I find all my Rfactor time is best spent learning the next F1 track and getting a decent setup for the car. Without these ingredients the whole event wouldn’t be as enjoyable.
However, I see there was an old thread about Rfactor Banger racing, which presumably would mean learning the track and the setup wouldn’t be as crucial, knocking someone off would be a challenge rather than an offence and it would be a blast for an hour or so on a night when there is no regular racing and people could just jump in cold if they felt inclined.
So my question is, would there be a demand for a Tuesday night banger race, with a format of no qualification, just a random grid, 10 minute warm up, and two 10 minute races, and also would this be easy for RD to setup and run?

I would LOVE to see this in rFactor and Race On..

Some simple mod like Touring cars with the damage set to something like 50% Damage on the server..

Also some simple tracks with it..

1 big HUGE oval bowl like the good old Destruction Derby and then the 2 tracks out of Race Driver Grid..

How cool would that be.... 30 drivers all around the side of the bowl and then 3. 2. 1... GOOOOO.

It would be a great laugh. Stage it after one of the League races and then everyone can take their anger out in there. Get revenge and then be happy.. lmao.

But you know what I mean.. I think it would be an EPIC Laugh.

In the old clan I was in. We had teams on the demo derby track races as well.. Blockers and Racers.. Blockers job.. Take out the Racers.. Racers job... Scream and dodge everything.. lol

It's just a good laugh after 2 hrs of staring at the screen. :)

http://it.client.xfire.com/video/24f74/

I would LOVE to see this in rFactor and Race On..

Some simple mod like Touring cars with the damage set to something like 50% Damage on the server..

Also some simple tracks with it..

1 big HUGE oval bowl like the good old Destruction Derby and then the 2 tracks out of Race Driver Grid..

How cool would that be.... 30 drivers all around the side of the bowl and then 3. 2. 1... GOOOOO.

It would be a great laugh. Stage it after one of the League races and then everyone can take their anger out in there. Get revenge and then be happy.. lmao.

But you know what I mean.. I think it would be an EPIC Laugh.

In the old clan I was in. We had teams on the demo derby track races as well.. Blockers and Racers.. Blockers job.. Take out the Racers.. Racers job... Scream and dodge everything.. lol

It's just a good laugh after 2 hrs of staring at the screen. :)

http://it.client.xfire.com/video/24f74/
:doublethumb::bang:

Well I did ten laps of Orchard Lake Speedway with the GMG 88 bus mod. Guys it could be a really fun night,slow but fun. Steering a bus with a G27 is simply amusing. Getting sideways or trying to correct a spin is worth the laugh too!. I wanted to post replay up but when i goto Mydocuments/Rfactor/replayfridge, there is no file for replay. I also went into programs(86)/rfactor/gamedata/replayfridge, it's not there either but the replay is in game when i accsess it there??????????????.I will try the exporting method next and put replay on youtube i guess?. I'll try get that done in next few days.

I wanted to post replay up but when i goto Mydocuments/Rfactor/replayfridge, there is no file for replay. I also went into programs(86)/rfactor/gamedata/replayfridge, it's not there either but the replay is in game when i accsess it there??????????????.I will try the exporting method next and put replay on youtube i guess?. I'll try get that done in next few days.

If you're using windows 7 it will be in "Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (X86 if you have 64-bit windows)". You will need to view hidden files and folders from the options menu to be able to see AppData though :)

Well i`ve got a full working version of the long track from Grid. A few tweaks here and there and the short one will follow too :)

BUT.......cant release them here (bloody rules lol). Also, those DD Bowls are peas easy to make ;)

What if you changed a few bits. Like the Spa and other tracks that have older versions.. These are ok as they are not the track they use now.

So if you changed about 3 or 4 turns or other bits in there. Then it should be ok to call it your own and run it... I don't know. Just a thought..

As for the busses.. Meh. Not really bothered. It would be fun once or twice, but I see the novelty falling off the busses within weeks... Just my views.

What if you changed a few bits. Like the Spa and other tracks that have older versions.. These are ok as they are not the track they use now.

So if you changed about 3 or 4 turns or other bits in there. Then it should be ok to call it your own and run it... I don't know. Just a thought..

As for the busses.. Meh. Not really bothered. It would be fun once or twice, but I see the novelty falling off the busses within weeks... Just my views.

Bus Race would be something I would like to try once. After that bring on the faster cars!

Well, technically, i`m going to have to insert a pit lane, so it will be different.
I think the issue is using objects, textures etc. that aint mine.

I`ll try and find out for sure where i stand.........

Ohhhhh SWEEEEEEEEEET...

Well. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that RD Approve it and let you rock with it.

Any kind of DD Track with a few jumps in there should be a good laugh.

Good luck with it and keep me posted.

I know of about 8 drivers who would be up for this straight away... Some use pad. So they don't like racing with wheel people. But they would be 110% up for this one. :) :) :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back